JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: Six months Weight Loss

Francesca

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: Six months Weight Loss - which runs from 10/23/2022 through 04/23/2023.

Francesca Replied:

Welcome on our Six Months Weight Loss Board!
This will not be a competition but a run together towards the final destination that is that better shape that our body deserves, that "feeling good in our skin" that our mind deserves, the healthy lifestyle that our future deserves!
so... I'm ready and you?

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I am ready! This is exactly what I need. I feel so scatterbrained lately, I need something to help keep my focus.

Francesca Replied:

Hi Lyn!! So happy to have you on the boat with me!
We'll support each other and these will be our six months
Please feel free to share whatever you want, I will do the same ..
This week I'm sort of preparing myself to the next week, trying to see mistakes, slips and bad moments..

Sandy Replied:

I'm in! I just can't string together enough days to make it work!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Here we go!

Francesca Replied:

Sandy! :-D You have done so great, I can't think of a better diet buddy than you!
Let's rock!

Francesca Replied:

Lyn you had a GREAT start!! Well done!

Sandy Replied:

I'm here...I had some things so I didn't get started but today I am.

Francesca Replied:

Great Sandy! From today I will try to take this path seriously. I ate healthy yesterday. This morning gymnastics and weight lifting and today I plan to eat less and better, starting to put everything I'm going to eat on the plate, in order to realize the quantities and have control.
I am noticing that if I do physical activity first thing in the morning, then during the day I keep focus on the goal.
I wish you a good day!!

Thulz ❤️ Replied:

After a month-long hiatus, I'm joining this one too

I plan to make some significant progress this year still because it coincides with the last 45 days of my personal challenge and I also don't want to fall in that trap of writing the year off once November hits

Francesca Replied:

Thanks for joining Thulz!!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I've been under a lot of stress and for me, I hold weight during these times. I can honestly say I've been doing pretty good regardless. Hopefully next week the pressure will be off and the weight will start to drop again. At least I'm not gaining!

Francesca Replied:

Lyn, I hope things get easier! You are doing great!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Yesterday was my first red dot day. Luckily I didn't gain. Today will be better! I am not going to let these 6 months slide by without making progress.

Francesca Replied:

in Italy November the 1st and 2nd are holidays and that October 31st was squeezed between the weekend and holidays ... so in these days I have not been impeccable with my diet.
The good thing is that I did a lot of physical activity, walking, heavy gardening (we harvested olives, so six hours every day of hard physical activity) so the final sum should be good.
I haven't put on weight but I have to get back on track!
Let's do it!

Francesca Replied:

DG welcome on board and thank you for leading the group! You are doing soooo great!

Sandy Replied:

I am doing okay. I haven't been on here as much as usual though. I just can't seem to string together more than a day or two. Exercise is going well but not eating.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I'm in a pretty good headspace as far as being able to control my eating. I'm working out but need to push that a bit harder. My main focus at the moment needs to be relieving stress because when I'm stressed I hold weight.

Francesca Replied:

Hi girls! Unfortunately, due to the many family commitments of the last few days I am not paying enough attention to the diet. I can't cook apart for myself so I'm not eating as well as I would like. I hope to get back on track soon , as well as exercising more frequently (twice a week is not enough).
I count to do better than this!

Francesca Replied:

I am doing too little, little movement and little attention to diet. Unfortunately in the family we had first one child then the other in bed with flu. A lot of things to do and always the same problem as always: little time for myself, even if only to plan my meals. So I'm simply eating a little less, but that's not enough. I haven't even weighed myself in the last 15 days. I hope things calm down. In the meantime I'm thankful to have such an amazing group that can which inspires me to do better

Sandy Replied:

So sorry you're dealing with that Francy. I am just coasting due to our holidays right now. I plan to try to maintain my weight and then get at it the first of the year. Hang in there!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

There's a lot going on, especially with holidays upon us. Here's to doing the best we can, which looks different from day to day. I agree that this is an amazing group that hangs out here; always inspiring!

Francesca Replied:

Sandy, your plan seems so wise! I'm going to point at the same goal. Thanks for being here!!

Francesca Replied:

Jeanne, thank you for your words! True, days before the holidays are always super busy, and having the kids with the flu doesn't help. But I will try to use this time to better set up my planning, which I see as my weak point.
Have a great time my friends!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Yeah, I'm just trying to get through the Holidays without a gain at this point. I should be exercising more, this is something I want to focus on.

Francesca Replied:

Hi Lyn, a doable plan is a good plan!
Before and during holidays we need to set realistic goals and try to stick to them

Francesca Replied:

DG you are doing wonders! I would not be so disciplined while cooking and baking for others
You set such a great example for us!

Francesca Replied:

DG I'm the one that thanks you.. You are embodying that idea and it is so helpful to us for keeping our goals in mind!
I'm quite out of track and I find so tempting (you were right) quitting and postponing my goals.. Being here is the the only thing that keeps me away from giving up everything until a later date.
If I did so, however, I know very well that I would not limit myself to not dieting but I would definitely put on weight, by now...
Instead I find myself very tired of feeling out of shape and I don't want to put myself after everything else again.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I did great through the holidays and then backslid after. Ugh. But I'm back on track and ready to see some progress. We can't give up!

Francesca Replied:

Great Lyn!
I'm doing my best to mantain weight, it has been a busy months and holidays are coming.. (in Italy we don't have Thanksgiving, but we have december 8th holiday and a long string of festive days from december 24th to january 6th ... Family gathers around my table in most of the occasions so I will be with food under my nose too often. Mantaining will be a success.
Have a good time my friends and do your best!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I'm back to moving in the right direction, but also realize that there will be plenty of days over the next several weeks where I will be striving to just maintain. We've got this!

Francesca Replied:

Yes, Lyn you said it: mantaining will be difficult in itself, ...I see that if I set unrealistic goals I tend to give up completely... So I'll just aim for damage limitation and hopefully find myself in January at the same weight as I am now...

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

That's a great plan. I have the same hope. We can do this, I know we can!

Francesca Replied:

DG you did an amazing job with your self discipline. I hope you will recover as fast as possible after the surgery, In January you will have the push of already being a long way on your path and that will motivate you to the max.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

DG I was on a soft food diet for a month this fall, and there are many options to stay healthy and not over do the carbs if that's what you need. Let me know if you need suggestions. I found lots of good info through search engines, and was able to stay on my plan.

Francesca Replied:

Merry Christmas to all my friends here!
Enjoy these festive days!

Sandy Replied:

Merry Christmas Francy!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Merry Christmas to all!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Merry Christmas! I need to get back at it once all the business of the holidays is over. I haven't really done too bad with my eating but my exercise has been non existent and while the eating hasn't been too bad it can certainly be better.

Francesca Replied:

Lyn, we'll be back on track after the holidays! 2023 will be a great year for us!

Francesca Replied:

Happy new year my friends!
This has to be our year!
I've lost past months but I feel that it is a last call for me for getting in shape..
It is not a matter of being able to do it, it's a matter of having to do it now or never..

Sandy Replied:

I agree Francy! Its the time to do it!

Francesca Replied:

Sandy started some great competitions, and I joined many of them.
Still I would like to keep some shorter term goal, since I tend to put my mind in a more relaxed mode when I have a lot of time to achieve something
Hope to report some good results before the end of april, considering that I exercise better with cold weather..
Since the first of january I have eaten randomly but walked a LOT (we were on vacation in London, during a big public transport strike so we HAD to walk
I put on some weight even if we walked four - five hours a day..
So eating properly is a must, if I look for results.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

My weight has been stuck, I hope to work on changing that now that I'm not sick.

Francesca Replied:

Remodeled my goals on STD calendar, now I HAVE to be consistent, even on bad or busy days...

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.