JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: 2022 A new opportunity to reach goals

Sandy

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: 2022 A new opportunity to reach goals - which runs from 01/01/2022 through 01/01/2023.

Sandy Replied:

I'm setting this competition up for 2022. The friendly competition is actually with yourself... what are your goals for the new year? If weight loss is one of them, join this competition to help you stay motivated to get healthier!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I'm in!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Me too!

Thulz ❤️ Replied:

I'm definitely in!

For this year I am proud that I showed up enough on this site to keep the weight above the line meaning not where it says you need to track X amount of days to qualify.
I'm however not proud of the fact that I lost...wait for it...0.4 pounds for the entire year!! Lol

I'm guessing if I'm going to keep showing up in 2022, then I might as well do the work too

Happy New Year!

Time Out (Alex) 💋 Replied:

I'm in!

Sandy Replied:

I laughed at myself. I started Wednesday and and did really well. Then I over indulged New Year's Eve and when I weighed myself January 1, I was right back up there. So no need to that I wouldn't get credit for those first couple of days! Now I am back on track and working to lose this extra weight for a healthier 2022! How was your start?

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

My challenge is to be loving and forgiving of myself enough to limit the to-do list focus and not feel guilty about the self care. I am intentional about my wellness checkpoints and live my true priorities anyway, but am working on the head game of feeling good and at peace with doing what I believe is best for me-- and not feeling like I have to justify that I am spending my time productively.

More BEing, less 'splaining, lol!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Sue Ellen, I don't see these competitions as actual competitions but as a way to keep myself accountable and see my results broken out for that specific time period. It doesn't matter if everyone else looses 10 times more than I do, I am certainly happy for them and find that inspiring but I only focus on my numbers, I'm not comparing myself with them. We are all in such different places, there is really no comparison.

I have been traveling this past week and expected to come home with a gain. Imagine my shock this morning when I realized I actually came home with a nice loss! I can't believe it. Now I need to keep this going and not let the "who gives a bleep" moments ruin my progress.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I'm not really "competing" either; just checking in and posting occasionally, the way I encourage others to do when I start a competition or a message board thread. I like Lyn's point that we're all in such different places, and I've always enjoyed seeing people participate however works best for them. In my eyes, this is all about wellness and what works best for each individual, and is not a "gotcha" thing where strict rules have to be followed or you're out; or I would have been voted off the island a long time ago, lol!

deb Replied:

Ok ~ I'm in! I like what you said Lyn ~ it's a good way to keep ourselves accountable. I'm not sure when I will be starting my Whole30 program again but I WILL start! I need to be in the "right" frame of mind, and I'm just not there yet!

Time Out (Alex) 💋 Replied:

I agree, for me it's not a competition, it's for me to see my own stats!

Thulz ❤️ Replied:

Yup. I definitely agree this is a great and most objective way to look at my own journey over the year.
During the months I kept losing and gaining weight and at times I convinced myself I was making progress but the numbers don't lie.
For some, they may have gotten stuck towards the end of the year and felt demotivated but looking at their journey over the entire they could see they actually made significant progress and lost some weight they didn't gain back.

This is definitely helping in how I approach this year

Sandy Replied:

Well said Lyn. I don't even know why they call them competitions. That's why I like the % loss and the pounds lost. I also like the other trackers for exercise & dots etc. It's a great way to track your own progress. We can all see it as a competition with ourselves. Can you fight the urges that got you to where you are and get to where you want to be? Fight the urge to over eat, fight the urge to skip working out. Fight the urge to have that chocolate. Good luck everyone!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.