JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: Intentional Exercise Days

Sandy

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: Intentional Exercise Days - which runs from 07/01/2022 through 07/31/2022.

Sandy Replied:

You must do 10 minutes or more of any exercise that you can record to have it count for that day. Just ten minutes can make a difference if you are consistent. I have found that moving my body in some way every day has really gotten me to my goals. I encourage you to make July your month to instill this habit. Who doesn't have 10 minutes a day? Who's with me?

(This does not include steps but you can still do a walk and count it. That's why it's called intentional exercise)

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I'm in.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Great idea and so true, Sandy! I'll check in on this thread some, as I am planning to do a short arm workout for 21 days in a row, for starters; in addition to continued walks/rebounder and pt/yoga. It's time! I intend to report the arm progress here.

Diane Replied:

I'm in.... I need this.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Completed arm workout 1 of 21.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Arm workout 2 of 21.

Sandy Replied:

Only a couple of days until we start this July exercise/movement challenge. Remember... you just have to move for 10 minutes a day to count it. It doesn't matter if it's yoga, pilates, running, chair exercise... just move your body every day! Join us and push for the month of July to make this a habit!

deb Replied:

I'm in!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I've already jumped in, but wanted to participate in some way before I go out of town on July 18. The beauty of SYD: do what works for you, and participate accordingly!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I'm hoping to get a 2 day head start instead of my usual...I have 2 days off before I start my competition...

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Arm workout 3 of 21.

Sandy Replied:

Tomorrow is the day we start for real! Is everyone ready!?!?

Thulz ❤️ Replied:

I'm in Sandy!
This one ticks my Attention box - "Do not miss the opportunity to touch the activities of my goal in some way everyday"

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Arm workout 4 of 21.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I figured I'd have to miss my first day of the challenge (vertigo) but I've improved greatly through the day and was able to get in a very gentle 10 minutes of yoga. Oddly enough the hardest pose was savasana (corpse pose) so I had to cut that one short, but it isn't included in the 10 minutes anyway.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Lyn, you deserve bonus points for your effort today!

Arm workout 5 of 21

Sandy Replied:

Lyn I'm glad you were able to manage it even with the vertigo... funny about the corpse pose. I did my workout yesterday but got a big walk in at the rodeo looking for one of my grandkids. My fitbit said I got over 14,000 steps yesterday. Workout was the intentional exercise though.

Diane Replied:

I got in my exercise yesterday and today. We were doing some major yard work but will plan to walk today as well. It's all good.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Arm workout 6 of 21

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Arm workout 7 of 21

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I haven't been logging but I have done my 10 minutes (bare minimum) each day of gentle yoga. Today I think I'm ready for more. Now to go fill in my past days...

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Was able to do yoga just fine, everything but savasana which I have to turn my head for. I'll up my minutes slowly from here. Feels good to be up and moving again!

Diane Replied:

Walk in... Whew.. that was tough

Sandy Replied:

Glad you are getting that 10 minutes in... and then some. Good going!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.