JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: August Week 1

Lyn💛

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: August Week 1 - which runs from 08/01/2020 through 08/08/2020.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I'm going to break down August week by week. Each week we can pick our own personal goal, no competition here, we are all in this together! We may have different goals but this just helps me keep my attention focused on the week at hand.

deb Replied:

Good idea Lyn! I'm in! My goal for this 1st week is to break this plateau I'm on. Weight has stayed the same for about a week.

Denise Replied:

I need to be in because I need some accountability. I'm going to go the Keto route August 1st and hope to lose at least 2 lbs/week.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Great idea, Lyn! Baby steps always get me where I need to go.

Diane Replied:

Love some baby steps... Love this ...

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

My goal this week is to stop eating before I am full, for my evening meal. I have a slow body and I am almost never hungry 20-30 minutes after a meal even if I stop eating while I'm still a little hungry. I love to eat, but I want to be well more.

Sandy Replied:

My goal this week is to examine what it is I am eating and when and how much. I need to get a handle on what it is I need to change and it seems overwhelming right now. Thanks Lyn!

Lyn💛 Replied:

Here we go! My goal this week is to get back to regular exercise. I am aiming for every day this week although that is not a goal I would strive for every week. But this week, to get myself back in action I am trying for every day.

Like I said...there is no competition here but if you want to track your weight this week just to see how it reflects your progress go ahead and join the challenge. If not, just chime in here and we will all do this together. It's only one week, we can do ANYTHING for a week!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I can always do the baby steps, and am always glad when I do them. The challenge to me is to keep taking that first baby step each day, despite my tendency to inwardly roll my eyes and think it's not worth it if I can't do it all. Of course I know that baby steps are the answer and the road to my wellness; it's absolutely how I got to goal weight and maintenance. Now I want to keep the baby steps going in other areas.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

So far so good on reducing portions on evening meals. My weight actually bumped up a bit despite being on point and starting a day early. But what deserves more attention, the number on the scale or my overall wellness choices (I keep reminding myself!)

Lyn💛 Replied:

That is so frustrating. You are right, we need to focus on the overall wellness choices instead of that number on the scale but sometimes that is really hard.
So far, so good for me this week. I have exercised two days in a row now!

Denise Replied:

I'm having a bit of a lazy weekend this weekend to be honest. Taking things as I want to like getting my hair done, for example. A friend of mine and I talked about Keto and she sent me some recipes. I think it was Sandy who said she finds the food tracking here to be a little difficult. I opened up my fitnesspal again. I just find it easier especially with the picture option. Thanks for putting this together for us Lyn. I sure need it.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Hey, there is nothing wrong with a lazy weekend! Sometimes it is exactly what we need. Lazy does not have to mean off track!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I'll keep walkin' my talk!

Lyn💛 Replied:

So far, so good here!

Sandy Replied:

I'm tracking everything I eat... and it is, as always, enlightening. Amazing how the old... calories in thing follows true.

Denise Replied:

I've been watching a few Keto videos and they have been very helpful. Mostly, for understanding the whole concept behind it and how your body functions with it. I've had a few good ideas but the ones I like the most are the videos with the common sense, simple approach. By far the best.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Doing well; nothing outward to show for it today, but I know and my body knows.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Yeah, my scale has no idea I have been doing so well. LOL

Denise Replied:

I've been watching some Youtube videos on Keto and they are extremely helpful. Now that I understand what's really going on in the body, it makes me want to follow it to a T.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Still making good choices, still plateau-ing, and it's ok. Wellness things are in place and I am just tweaking little things.

Lyn💛 Replied:

SAME. What is up August? We were supposed to be friends.

Denise Replied:

I guess it's true that life is stalled all the weigh around. Weigh? Get it? hahahah

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Denise! I'm still stalled, but really have served my body well this week. Was it stress about returning to school, the full moon, a lesson I haven't learned yet? Well whatever it is, I will continue to treat my body like the temple that it is!

Lyn💛 Replied:

I have finally started to see a bit of movement. Whew.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.