JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: March Weight Loss (lbs.)

Lyn💛

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: March Weight Loss (lbs.) - which runs from 03/01/2019 through 03/31/2019.

Celie Replied:

If I didn't overeat or snack so much I could lose those extra 5#s! This is my goal for March (or how ever long it takes!).

Nutmeg Replied:

I'm not doing so great with this competition so far. Just a few days in and I'm going the opposite direction. I went out for a wonderful dinner last night and had what I think was probably one of the top 3 deserts of my life. Bananas Foster that they made at the table. It was incredible and worth the gain. I've been much more restrained with my eating today, and I'm hoping with some excercise I'll be back down soon to my starting weight soon.

Nutmeg Replied:

That's an incredible weight loss Rjaatt. It must feel incredible to be so close to such a big goal. You've accomplished a lot in a realatively short time. Thank you for putting things in perspective.
I'm a bit confused about your situation. You sound very lonely, but a the same time you are a very positive, kind and thoughtful person. The type of person that, at the very least, has a few close friends. Did your previous weight make you isolate yourself? Are you just incredibly shy?

Jenn J Replied:

OK, I'm joined in. It's time for a restart. I had a motorcycle accident last September, followed by shoulder surgery in October. I've finally been released to start gentle exercises and need to get this weight off.

Oh, and I'm in Washington State if anyone is interested.

Nutmeg Replied:

Rjaatt,
Sorry to hear you've been held back from so many things in your life. You've done so great on you're weight loss. You should try to get out and meet some people. Maybe volunteering or taking a Master Gardeners class might be good. It sounds like you love to garden. It's something I love too and I've wanted to go through a Master Gardeners program, but I don't think I'll have the time until I retire from my job.

Jenn J Replied:

Rjaat,

My PT and my surgeon both say that my recovery is way beyond expectation for only 4 months after surgery. Surgery was 10/12/18 and both PT and surgeon says the range of motion (ROM) I have is equivalent to someone a year after surgery. I'm very aware of my shoulders aches (muscle use) and pains (injury) and push the aches but avoid the pains.

I will check into those video as I've thought about Tai-chi for ages, but with my work schedule (1pm to 11:30pm) finding some place after work hasn't worked out too well.

Celie Replied:

You're doing so well with your weight, Rjaatt!! My goal is 165. I made it to the 160s, but now I'm stuck. When spring gets here, I'll be moving a lot more and that will help! I'll get there!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.