JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: October Steps

Val

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: October Steps - which runs from 10/01/2018 through 10/31/2018.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I'm in! I have just started to focus on getting my steps back up. A little easier now that the heat has broken.

Tyme4me Replied:

I like this! The others are pounds, percentage of weight loss and this is an incentive to get moving. I'm in

Anna Replied:

I am in! I want to get into walking and enjoying the air and the views again. I am in the Arctic for a few more days so going to try and get some outside steps in as well!

Tyme4me Replied:

Only 4400 today. Rain all day

Reba Replied:

Hi! Thanks for this competition!! I am just starting to walk again as I have a "really bad" knee, but the Dr. told me Friday I have to lose 50# before he will do anything, so here I go.
Good Luck to each of us!!

Tyme4me Replied:

6,000 morning walk

Tyme4me Replied:

Reba Replied:

Yesterday's steps = 3315 I will start out slow then build up.
Thanks Reba

Lyn💛 Replied:

Every step counts!

Phyllis Replied:

Not sure how to post here. 3100 steps today

Tyme4me Replied:

6623 morning walk

Tyme4me Replied:

5002 steps

Reba Replied:

Reba here. Wednesday = 3071
Thursday = 2606 My knee was hurting yesterday.
Friday I will report tomorrow morning (Sat. a.m.)

Reba Replied:

Good day to each of you!
We are having rain, and more rain. I can't walk outside for a few days as we live in the country with dirt roads, and the road is very, very muddy We never want to complain about rain but.....
Walking:
Friday = 3192
Saturday = 3807
Sunday = 3003

My goal today is over 4000.
Talk later

Tyme4me Replied:

Total 11345

Reba Replied:

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your group, but for now I am going to quit. I must get my head around walking with a knee that is hurting - I know many have done it and I can too. But I am not doing a good job of it right now.
Hopefully I can join again later.
Thanks!

Lyn💛 Replied:

Reba, don't quit! It's not about winning, it is about being aware. The number of steps isn't important, it is being mindful of how much you are moving, that's all. Obviously, you want to tend to your knee but don't let the number get in your head, we all have different goals at different times, go with what is right for you in the moment.

Tyme4me Replied:

6889 steps.

Reba Replied:

Thank you Lyn. You are right, I need to continue on. I am just really disappointed that I can't get better numbers. I know walking will help me get to my goal of being healthier.

Monday = 2606
Tuesday = 2459

Lyn💛 Replied:

This just gives you a baseline and when your knee is better you can work on upping the numbers.

Tyme4me Replied:

6245 steps

Tyme4me Replied:

Tyme4me Replied:

Tyme4me Replied:

Tyme4me Replied:

Tyme4me Replied:

Tyme4me Replied:

Tyme4me Replied:

Gwen Replied:

I so agree with Lyn, it is about being aware of doing something in terms of moving and honestly, having had three months with my foot up after surgery in the past I know how frustrating it feels. Another thing i did to encourage myself was to count the number of minutes I was not actually sitting down. Then those moments grew and then I could add steps later.

@Tyme4me - keep on walking!

Tyme4me Replied:

Getting ready to leave for the weekend but I have a chart for those who don't keep track of steps but by calories equals a mile. Like 25 minutes of raking leaves =1 mile 40 minutes of cooking etc if anyone is interested or wants me to look something up and keep track of miles vs steps

Phyllis Replied:

This challenge has made me put the pedometer back on and pay attention to what I do all day! Thanks for it!

Tyme4me Replied:

Phyllis Replied:

Today it will be steps on the treadmill....

Lyn💛 Replied:

Good for you Phyllis!
You are doing great Tyme4me!
I hope all is well for you Reba!

Tyme4me Replied:

Tyme4me Replied:

Tyme4me Replied:

Reba Replied:

Hi all!!
I did get a shot in my knee yesterday so hoping within 3 days I will feel a difference. If it works the way I want, I should be able to hit the road! I discovered my fitbit does not work on stairs the way I need to walk them. So maybe I do have more steps.

Tyme4me Replied:

Phyllis Replied:

Reba, I hope today is better.
I've been going about my days and finding I'm pretty consistent with steps.
So far, so good.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I sure hope it works for you Reba!

Tyme4me Replied:

Tyme4me Replied:

Tyme4me Replied:

Tyme4me Replied:

Lyn💛 Replied:

Forgot my fitbit today.

Tyme4me Replied:

Tyme4me Replied:

Tyme4me Replied:

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.