JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: 12 Weeks of Fighting for Self and Getting Results

Thulz💕

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: 12 Weeks of Fighting for Self and Getting Results - which runs from 07/25/2018 through 10/21/2018.

Lyn💛 Replied:

100% in!

Sharon VA Replied:

I just joined. This will be a good motivator for me to stick it out and keep going once my schedule gets busy again when I head back to the classroom. I often start again during summer break, but make excuses about being too busy once I start back at school.
Here's to our success!

shirl Replied:

Thanks. I am on my second week of tracking on the website. Lost last week probably mostly fluid so may be a little slow losing this week but count me in. Good luck to all.

shirl Replied:

Lyn you are doing great!

Thulz💕 Replied:

Thank you for joining everyone!!!
Here's to a successful 12 weeks with visible changes that will make it hard to go back to our old habits

Lyn💛 Replied:

I had a huge gain right before the challenge started so most of my initial success is probably just because of that. But it had to come off so I'm happy!

shirl Replied:

We are one week into this challenge. Let's all dig in and lose those lbs and we will all win. I am new to these challenges but so happy to be able to share my weight loss journey with others.

shirl Replied:

This is day 23 of this completion. When we can track a weight loss we all win. I'm still just doing low carb. I have Dr. appointment (check up) I want do discuss some things with him. I am in my 70's so want to get to goal. I agree with all the others about having less cravings for food. I was worried about what to snack on but just don't care to snack when I am feeling satisfied. When I do think of something sweet I have frozen strawberries and yogurt & pecans measured, usually as my dessert with a meal. I don't know if that would be allowed on keto. Would that cause someone the not be in keto? A lot I do not understand since I have only be on low carb since middle of July. Looking for some answers.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I don't know much about keto shirt, sorry! I have been slacking a bit, time to get my head back in the game.

Gwen Replied:

@ Shirl
I would have the strawberries and pecans on low carb but not the yogurt. I would eat a maximum of 50g or two ounces of strawberries. You are doing great. I am sure other low carb folk will have something to say!

shirl Replied:

Thank you both. Enjoying the website.

Thulz💕 Replied:

I'm also working my way back from a gain and I'm 0.4lbs away from the starting weight and then I can start tracking a loss.
You're doing great Shirl and leading the charge! I will catch up to you soon, I promise

When I've been in Ketosis the yoghurt that wouldn't take me out would be full cream plain greek yoghurt - the flavoring and sweetening is what causes the insulin spike

shirl Replied:

Thanks I use Whole Milk plain Greek. I only have about 2 tbl spoons when I have the berries. I figure it would probably spike the insulin but I am just doing the low carb right now. I am 9 lbs to my goal. I am so glad to have found this website and thanks for the support.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Way to go shirl!

shirl Replied:

Thanks Lyn. I am really in disbelieve, but I have wanted the scales to go in that direction for so long I am not going to argue with them. I have tried to lose with low-cal so many times. I would always be very strict and lose but just could not continue for long then I would start eating to many carbs the more I ate the more I wanted. I did low carb years ago but didn't have the computer and apps for research and support.

Thulz💕 Replied:

Wow Lyn you are also doing amazingly!
I'm gong to post a loss too by the time we get to day 30... a third of this challenge.

Lyn💛 Replied:

And you still have 2/3 left to make your loss even greater! We are doing this!

Thulz💕 Replied:

Hehehe I see you also added a heart to your name! So cool, isn't it?
Didn't think it was going to take but was pleasantly surprised when it did. I wonder if it shows when you view it on desktop... will check it out tomorrow at work

Lyn💛 Replied:

You inspired me!

Thulz💕 Replied:

OK DAY 30, MY PEOPLE!!! Let's Check In and most importantly let's do a gut check with ourselves!
Even if you're not doing this competition specifically you're welcome to check in
I see really good results, you guys are doing amazing and inspiring me to do better!!

Here are some questions we can ask ourselves
1. Are you where you wanted to be for this 30 days?
2. What worked and what didn't?
3. If you were to repeat the previous 30 days in the next 30, will you be happy with the results?
4. If the answer to question 4 is no, what is the one thing you will do differently?

We can answer these either here or privately - although it would really be cool if we could all share some answers - we can inspire each other. Lord knows I need the inspiration
I'll start.
1. Nope. Not even close.
2.Lack of commitment, follow thru and not showing up is what didn't work
3.No I'll be devastated.
4. I've started Milestone Fasting (details on today's blog if interested) and I'm currently 18 hours in.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I'll go!
1. No, I am not where I wanted to be at all but I am happy that I at least have a loss.
2. For me, when it isn't working it is almost always mental. If I am not doing well mentally it doesn't matter how well I am doing otherwise, I will not lose weight.
3. I mean, I want to do better but I wouldn't be terribly upset if I had a repeat. But I know I can do better and won't be really satisfied with less than 10 pounds in the next 30 days, and in all honestly, I want quite a bit more than that. I want what I want. LOL
4. I need to take time for myself instead of using up all my energy on everyone else.

Thulz💕 Replied:

I love this so much Lyn. And I really do believe it gets us thinking and being more deliberate in how we proceed rather than reactive on a daily basis or my personal favorite... indulging in unconsciousness
I do believe too you will get that 10+ lbs in the next 30 days!!

Lyn💛 Replied:

I have a problem with indulging in unconsciousness. I am better now than I was before, I used to use it as a numbing mechanism but now I am more aware.

shirl Replied:

Well girls I think I need some encouragement. I sure hate to start this week out on such a down note and with a much higher number on the scale. However I do know why I gained. We had company and I went off my low carb plan Fri and Sat. Thought I could be eat just a few carbs and enjoy.....but no as always when I eat sweets the more I eat the more I want. I was so close to my one goal I set for myself. I have been anticipating getting to that goal and then trying to maintain that weight for a while then decide if I want to lose more. I have always been able to lose weight but never maintain. Now that I am older it is more difficult to lose and I gain back faster. Dieting for me.....bottom line when I'm good I'm good when I'm bad I am really bad. I enjoy reading all you comments on SYD Just hoping I can get back on track..TODAY

Lyn💛 Replied:

I weighed before my trip but forgot to enter it, I was up and I expect to be up even more so in the morning I will enter my new and likely horrifying weight. I am re-committing myself to go all out for the rest of this challenge. I know, I know, I have said this before. All I can do is keep trying! Shirl, every step back is a chance to learn something about ourselves. You have not given up and you will be successful at this. You've got this!

shirl Replied:

Thanks Lyn. It would not be good news on the scales for me if I had been on a 4 days camping trip. you are amazing.

Thulz💕 Replied:

Well if there's one thing I've learnt is that when I am not losing weight, I am actively putting it on. There's no middle ground for me. And that sometimes quitting disguises itself as self care.
I'm not giving up either, ladies.

Lyn💛 Replied:

The thing is, we are learning throughout this process so in the end, no matter what, we are still progressing.

shirl Replied:

Thulz the statement you made "When not losing weight I am actively putting it on." That is so me! I must remember to tell that to my Sister . She has always been my cheering section. Yes ladies we can do this.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.