JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: Try To Remember, Your Plan In September!

Jeanne- CE!

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: Try To Remember, Your Plan In September! - which runs from 09/01/2018 through 09/30/2018.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

September starts on a Saturday, so take some time this week to think about what your plan of success will be for the month ahead.

I will be Clean Lean Jeanne no matter what! This means keeping the eating clean, regardless of what tweaks are made in my efforts to give keto/low carb a try. I will go with the flow of listening to my body carefully, gifting it according to balance and true need. The bottom line is wellness for life!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Do you have a wellness plan for September? Some folks don't need a plan and just know what they should be doing and it's just a matter of doing it. I'm more in the "if you fail to plan, you plan to fail" category, and setting healthy (yet happy) boundaries that are doable for life.

miss deda Replied:

I am interested .. How do i get in this with the group.

Gwen Replied:

Under the Community tab there is User Competitions. Click on that and look for the same heading as on this message. You can then see the competition and decide if you would like to join up. Any trouble finding it just ask another question.

Joan Replied:

I have joined this competition with the goal of alternating Keto (maximum of 20 grams of total - not net - carbs per day) and Carnivore.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Today is day 1 of my low carb/keto adventure, and I am excited! I have already been narrowing my plan to transition to this smoothly, and I am ready. It is an advantage that I love to cook and have a house guest who is a holistic chiropractor and nutritionist, and who will also be doing keto.

Tyme4me Replied:

My wellness plan is mostly mental. Logging my food, drinking my water, reading the friends with the scale, and 100 more days of weight loss. Journal my thoughts and go to the gym at least 3 times a week.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

That sounds like a great plan, Tyme4me!

Tyme4me Replied:

If I count on weight loss I get too discouraged! I look at yesterday and every thing I didn't do and still gained and by looking into the why I get more of an understanding. September I will try to figure out the why

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

We each need to find and implement whatever works; the wellness road is a lifelong but joyous journey! Since I am doing keto/low carb for the month, I will post my specific comments related to that on the low carb/keto thread.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

September is rolling right along! Are you on the plan you were intending to be on as of the start of this month? If so, woo hoo! If not, forgive yourself, face the direction you want to face, and jump right back in with this day, your next meal, your next choice.

Tyme4me Replied:

Reading various sources for the continual motivation and been faithful tracking food, logging water, walking with pedometer and staying with my goals. Been consistent and today went from 30-40 lbs for strength training and up to 3.8 on treadmill for my non scale victories

Lyn💛 Replied:

Well done @Tyme4me! I have bounced around between doing well and not so well, I feel like maybe I have finally hit my stride again. I am thankful for the people who show up here and share their journey and inspiration, it really helps me in those times when it would be so easy to just disappear.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

We're closing in on the last third of the month! Trying keto has been an interesting journey. There are many things that I enjoy about it, as I was already committed to clean low carb eating. At this point I have to honestly assess that my body feels lighter digestion-wise and overall more robust on more plant carbs. I will finish out the month keto as planned, but my life plan will be to add in a bigger variety of fresh produce.

I highly recomment getting out of your comfort zone and trying new things, especially if you haven't quite found your wellness plan for life. A big part of Maintenance is knowing that wellness is a journey not a destination, and to always keep learning and growing.

Joan Replied:

I won't be able to finish out the competition - we're leaving on holiday tomorrow morning and I won't be taking my laptop with me. I'm planning on staying on track while we're away - here's hoping I manage to not stray off course! Good luck to you all in finishing the contest strong!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Safe travels, Joan, and all the best in living life joyfully, in wellness, no matter where you are!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.