JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: 42 Days of Fat Loss!

ThulzTheThriver!

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: 42 Days of Fat Loss! - which runs from 06/26/2018 through 08/07/2018.

Lyn Replied:

Perfect timing...I need this right now!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Ok, I'm in! Need it so badly, not even funny!

ThulzTheThriver! Replied:

OMG thank you so much for joining!
If you check out today's blog you'll see just how desperately I need to do this!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

I think we all know what we need to do to lose weight and we will happily tell others how to succeed because lets face it, it's easier said than done. But is it? How good do you feel when you accomplish that workout? How good do you feel when you have a green day because you ate on point? Put yourself in that moment and relish the feeling. So why do we sabotage ourselves over and over again? I don't know...and I don't have the answer. I think for the next 42 days we need to really think before reacting. Let's stop and think what's more pleasurable skipping an exercise and not feeling energetic and eating something that will just hurt you? Or are you going to be super Positive because you accomplished that workout and you had super green day? I think we all know the answer. It all comes down to pleasure vs. pain and what might be more pleasurable first will be more painful in the end.
I will do these 42 days with you and I will take them nice and easy and think every time about the pleasure vs. pain and ask my self which one I want. I know I want to lose about 60 pounds and feel energetic and healthy, not look back and ask myself why?
So let's do 42 days, and then maybe another 42 days, and so on.
I don't like to dare people, but I'm going to anyway, ready? I dare you and me to feel positive and energetic for the next 42 days!

Lyn Replied:

It's on like donkey kong!

cheryl Replied:

I've been missing for a few days, down in the dumps and I'm sure glad I came back today and checked in! Count me in!!

Yaaaasssssss!!!
Let's do it!

@Alex I love absolutely everything you said here and it totally fits in with a strategy I'm employing this 42 days as well. I ask myself "If I say Yes to this, what am I saying No to". It's exactly as you say that mindfulness is really important.
Now the trick to this is to actually answer the question and answer it honestly. Because many of us are where we are because we indulge in unconsciousness.
Answering the question might not stop me right away but it will bring awareness ...awareness and consciousness are the cornerstone to break deep-seated habits!

Lyn Replied:

"indulge in unconsciousness" pretty much sums it up

Diane Replied:

I'm joining in today.

Welcome Diane

Gwen Replied:

I have decided to join because everything this competition is about is where I am at right now. We were on holiday and I am losing what is gained from a wider road. I don't want a wider road for 42 days and beyond.

Let's do this folks and we'll be very pleased with ourselves!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Ok, I'm back in. My migraine had me a little dizzy and confused for a few days.

Tomorrow I exercise and really think of what should be going in. I will ask myself the questions and answer honestly. Pain vs. Pleasure. I will take the pleasure at the end of being healthy and feeling good.

Lyn Replied:

I tested myself today and can say the only reason I passed the test was because I didn't want to have to come here and post a gain tomorrow. Whatever it takes. LOL

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Lyn, that has worked for me in the past...not lately.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

I think I'm too comfortable with you guys!

Lyn Replied:

Honestly, I was surprised it worked and rather proud of myself. I know what you are saying...I am a little too comfortable too.

I didn't ask myself the questions because I was avoiding myself. Classic case of indulging in unconsciousness.
The key to changing this weeeknd habit and breaking the chains that bind me to a life so much less than what I am capable of, is daily awareness and blogging daily.

I pledge right here and now that I will show up on this site every day whether it's thru or a blog or this thread for the rest of the 42 days.
Let's see what I happens when I don't give up on myself.

Gwen, so good to have you with us!!
Lyn, I think that strategy would have worked for me too if I actually showed up and didn't run and hide over the weekend! Lol

Diane Replied:

Thulz... the weekend is far from over, you can do this.

Lol it's almost bedtime here in South Africa, Diane

Sandy Replied:

I joined you today. I need to do something! Thanks for this support Thulz!

DAY 10 - So how are we doing?

As for me I wrote a blog so long I had to break it into 2. I was about to say this is the reason i can't come here often because I'm too wordy for the amount of time i have available. Then I realized if i was consistent with both blogging and being on plan, I simply wouldn't have long stories to tell

Lyn Replied:

LOL Thulz
I am doing ok, pretty good but not as good as I would like to be doing. I had a rough day yesterday. Not with food, that was fine, but I did the math and realized where I should be or could be at this moment vs. where I actually am and I got pretty frustrated with myself. I didn't let it get me off track but I did let it pretty much ruin my day. I need to let it go and move on but I am having a hard time with it, I could have been at goal for years now if I just let myself.

I love that you didn't let that derail you - that on its own is progress! I know how many times I've said "It's not working so what's the point"
This saying just came to mind "Progress is Slow but Quitting won't speed it up"

Gwen Replied:

We could all have been at goal years ago Lyn. The point is we are STILL on the road!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.