JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: Couch Potatoes Arise

Lin

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: Couch Potatoes Arise - which runs from 02/01/2018 through 02/28/2018.

Lin Replied:

For Non-Exercisers Who Want to Begin Moving into Better Health. At least 3 times per week 10 to 15 minutes. Easy does it, right? If you are a tried and true exerciser,this challenge probably isn't designed for you. We'll See you someday when we get our act together.

Lyn Replied:

Lin, you crack me up!

Lin Replied:

Are you an exerciser Lyn? I get into one of our groups and think I have done so well - then check into see that Suzque , exercised for 2 hours at the gym, then ran 7 miles.

Lyn Replied:

Well, historically no, but then I got to the point where I was walking over an hour every day and doing 30 minutes of yoga every day and I was feeling awesome. Then winter and a home remodel and Christmas happened and I have not recovered and gotten back to it and let me tell you...I feel it. Ugh. I thought January would be a different story for me...February WILL be a different story for me.

Lin Replied:

Good for you, I know I feel better when I do, but at this point, I hate every minute of it

kc Replied:

This is perfect for this couch hugging old lady!

flower Replied:

I do not know where my previous post went , but count me in !!
3 x week // 15 minutes = DOABLE !!
Great idea !!

Lin Replied:

Welcome one and all

Angela Replied:

OK, I'm in. I'm shooting for 10 minutes per day so surely I can make this, right? From a tried and true couch potato!!

Lin Replied:

Yea. Angela. We have to start somewhere don't we. I'm with you girl. I'm going to walk 15 min today

Angela Replied:

Too cold to be out used our stairs and a timer. 10 minutes aplished! Yay me! lol

flower Replied:

Yea I followed thru with my moving more this month plan with 20 minutes of Tai Chi ~~ it felt so good I might get a little crazy and do it more often than planned !!
Less sitting ~~ More moving for this 72 year old gal !!
Kudos to all

Lyn Replied:

Good for you flower! Feels good, doesn't it?

Lin Replied:

Angela, Lyn and Flower, have you gone into the competitions and "joined" the couch potato thingy to log your minutes? You are more than welcome to participate

Lyn Replied:

I didn't join because I fully intend to have a lot of exercise minutes this month and this is more for people just getting in the exercise groove. But I will peek in and offer my support!

Lin Replied:

Thank you Lyn. We did talk about this above didn't we. I'm very nice person, but obviously have no mind

Lyn Replied:

You have a beautiful mind.

flower Replied:

Lin , thanks for the info and I did check it out but I intend to start taking advantage of the gym membership I have been paying for and not using to spend a lot of time there this month in addition to the stretching at home.
Increased Health to All !!

Lin Replied:

How is everyone doing? Hope you are meeting your goals

Lyn Replied:

Uh...well...i could have joined this because I have not been on fire with my exercise like I planned to be. Hopefully the second half of the month will be a different story!

Angela Replied:

I'm not "on fire" either. Partially because it's hard to move this old body, partially because exercise is plain ufortable. So I'll remain at 10 minutes. Maybe next week I'll go for 12 per day?

Angela Replied:

haha! all that snow from last week blew off the roof onto the walkway last night so I got considerably more than my 10 minutes today and it was heavy hard work. Somehow it's easier to "exercise" when it's work that demands doing. Now I'm tired but for a good reason!

Lin Replied:

Great Angela - this challenge was made exactly for me and you. I know I could do more, but just will not. The 10-15 min is easier to make myself do, so I'm sticking with at least a small amount on most days instead of lofty goals that I never keep

Angela Replied:

Here in my hometown the sun is shining and it's a new week. Good day to dance around the house getting things in order for the week ahead. Enjoy the good moments, embrace every success, brush off those not so good moments and make progress!!

Angela Replied:

Remember ALL movement counts. Today I logged 1 hour of light exersize (although there were bursts of heavier, lol) by going grocery shopping. I still shop for a family of four (adults) so the lifting is not light duty and even though I'm cutting back they still want to eat.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.