JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

New "Mega Board"

StartYourDiet.com Development Team

We've added a new a new option to the message boards that allows you to view a combination of all the topics, similar to the old message board. There are a few things of note, however:

A) In order to make this work, we've had to add new code when someone posts a message. Since older message do not have this code, they might not appear in proper order on the new Mega Board. This applies to old messages only, new messages should appear in the order they are posted, no matter what topic they are posted in.

The new topics and new Mega Board work we've done in the last few weeks have a lot of complex code working in the background. We did a fair share of testing, however if you notice something that doesn't work quite right, like a reply or message disappearing for example, please let us know immediately. Meanwhile, we will be backing up the message board data more frequently for the next week or so.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Thank you for listening and making our lives easier.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I like the new Mega Board....AND PERSONALLY the sub topics as well. I think you've found a way to make everybody (well, most everybody-smile) happy

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

You guys are great! This Mega Board is cool!

GiGi Replied:

Thank you heaps and loads. You all are awesome...with an ear to our needs and many of our wants! I appreciate you more than you realize...Blessings, gigi

Sharon VA Replied:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Us old dogs appreciate not having to learn a new trick so fast!
You guys are the best.

Cindy H. Replied:

YEA!!!

Brenda Replied:

Yes! I love having a mega board running!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Here's another idea, to help people find messages. For those users that are blogging, allow an (optional) sidebar on the blog, which contains links to (recent) messages on the message board that they have either made or commented on.

That way, when you are reading someone's blog, you can also see their latest message board activity.

Of course, it's important to make this optional, as not everyone may want to do this.

See the link for a very quickly crafted dummy page, as an example.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Awesome-thank you!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Heh - don't thank me, I'm just brainstorming - I'm nothing to do with the SYD development team, although I am involved with my own (nothing to do with diet) website, which is where I get my ideas from.

Thank the nice developers, if they decide to implement it, or something similar. I have to say I am very impressed with the recent developments.

then Lyn Replied:

It's perfect! Best of both worlds =)

Shirley Replied:

I love the new Mega Board as well as the option of choosing just one when I'd like to. What a great idea! Thanks. Kind of like having your cake and eating it, too. (couldn't resist)

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Love the new board. I do have a suggestion, and it's one that I've thought of before in passing but never thought of it as a request. It would be so nice if we can flag, or favourite, messages that we'd like to reference later.

Brenda Replied:

I would like to see a feature that when there is a post that we have all the comments collapsed and hidden, there is an alert to tell us that there is a new comment added to this particular post. That way we wouldn't have to open up the hidden comments unless we see there is a new, unread, comment. Kind of like when we get new comments to our blogs...it tells us how many new ones we have unread or pending approval.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I'd like to see the Message Boards be able to use HTML, so that we can Post youtube videos, Or quotes, or Stories that we've seen. Instead of directing everyone to our blogs.
THX

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I love this site, and you just made it even better, THANKS!!!!!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.