JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

W2M Week 5

Sandy

Today's the day to report your steps. How far have we gotten? It will be a two week total today so we should see some real progress. Tell me your steps this week from February 1-7.

Francesca Replied:

Hi to everybody!
For me it has been a tough week, with my mom in the emergency room and then in hospital for a bad renal colic...
Mom now is quite ok, but I saw that my plans fall apart at the minimum inconvenience, so for the very first time I'm happy with my count since I really couldn't do better.
My steps for the week are 28.950
Hope you had a great week!

deb Replied:

My steps for Week 5: 36,528

I already posted my Week 4 totals but I will give them to you here as well.

Week 4: 35,165

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

My steps for the week are 62,956.

I hope your mom is doing better, Francesca.

Francesca Replied:

Lyn, thanks my dear, my mom is a lot better
I would like to be one of those women that exercise no matter what happens, but I see I'm not
Others' needs come first, I have to fight with this tendency of mine..
I'm 49 and still have to learn how to manage things, sometimes I find it funny, sometimes I find it frightening

Sandy Replied:

Oh no, Francy! I'm sorry for the troubles your mom was having and I'm glad to hear she is doing better. I'm the same as you... things derail my plans. Unfortunately it doesn't take something big like you had... even small things do it for me!

I had 37,934 this week... about 10,000 less than last week. Talk about getting off your plan!

Sandy Replied:

Okay gang!

Week 5 is on the books! We are making progress!
Lyn and Oscar broke the 100 mile mark and are at 105 miles!
Francy is at the 54 mile mark.
Deb is at 67 miles.
I am at 88 miles.

I figure at night the support truck (Jeanne?) picks us all up and we have a nice dinner together and sleep in one of the best hotels available. I think a hot tub and a nice meal sound really good. What do you think? What would you order after a day of walking?

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Francesca, I am the same way, others needs always come first. I instantly start to peel away things I need to do for myself in order to have time to do what I need for others. And for me, exercise is always the first thing to go.

deb Replied:

I hope your Mom is doing better Francesca!

Sandy ~ thanks for doing all this tracking for us on our walk to Minnesota! Let's see...I think having Jeanne pick us all up in her luxury van after a hard day's walk is a great idea. I would order a shrimp cocktail, a small filet mignon, a baked sweet potato (I guess I would have to skip the butter & brown sugar on the potato), a small salad and a glass of wine. Are we having dessert or are we sticking to our plan?

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I'm ready with the loaded luxury van whenever you need it! I appreciate and agree with all the comments and what you're learning as you walk. I can get derailed just with my to do list, and have to intentionally put my wellness above ticking something else off the list; am hoping self care will become a natural priority with enough repetition. Why is it so hard to prioritize taking care of ourselves? It can only help our minds, bodies, and spirits, and self care (totally different from selfish) also improves the quality of all of our relationships.

Sandy Replied:

Deb... I think we can share one dessert. If we split it up four ways, it won't be so bad. How about Oscar? I assume he will get a nice treat too.

Francesca Replied:

My dear friends thanks a lot for your kind words of encouragement
My mom is better and life is back on track....
I see that many of us have the same problem with putting others' need always first.
This walk with you made me thinking over a lot recently, since I see I do not have enough time for these activities on a regular basis.
I'm being barely able to have a long walk twice a week, let alone if I find time for more ..
I won't go far with such a little time invested in my health.
But this year I must make a change in this routine. I have to learn to say no to someone, and to postpone something on my to do list.
Next week my goal is to reach 35.000 steps
I have to reach you girls, you are doing wonders!

Francesca Replied:

Jeanne, thanks a lot for the passage on your van my dear!
Sandy, you are a fantastic coordinator and are doing a great job organizing moments of leisure during this walk and I'm having a lot of fun .. You are a natural talent!
At dinner I will gladly enjoy a medium rare filet mignon with a side dish of grilled vegetables, no bread, but half a glass of good wine is a small treat that I will allow my self (I can't even fantasize about me not allowing myself an exception to the rule, do you see?

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I think we are all doing great!

Sandy Replied:

When I met my friend for lunch yesterday I had a walleye sandwich... they get them fresh from Red Lake up there and they are amazing. I decided that would be my dinner when we meet up. I had forgotten how good they are!

Diane Replied:

20,068, I lost the record of some of my days. Sorry

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.