JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

This One Day- 1/11/23

Jeanne- CE!

All I have scheduled for today is an adjustment/wellness assessment/nutrition plan with Dr. Tim; it's my last full day off before going back to work. I'm undecorating in layers (we do cut the outside lights off after Epiphany, though!), taking care of some online business, planning menus, and just relaxing and enjoying.

I'm a long time iTunes/iPod user, and am on a free trial for Apple music, and enjoying it a lot. What I don't like is the planned obsolescence of iTunes/iPod, really just for the sake of getting monthly subscription fees, IMHO. There ARE ways around it, but not from Apple-- only with the help of online nerds, lol! And in the end, if I go with it, the monthly fee may be worth all of the things that I will actually use regularly.

High temp says 84 on my weather app, which is crazy, even for here; lots of extreme change from day to day here lately. It's all good!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Jeanne, I resisted subscription music for the longest time, I bought all of mine through iTunes. Finally the kids convinced me to try Spotify and I am SO glad they did. You have pretty much all of everything at your fingertips whenever you want it. You can build playlists, listen to other people's playlists, have the app create them for you (I assume Apple music works pretty much the same way). I listen to podcasts now, I absolutely love it, there is so much available.

Today I finally got to go back to my vertigo therapy. It's kind of crazy how it works but it definitely does work. I will do all the healthy things. It is going to be a great day!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Lyn, glad the vertigo therapy is working; and thanks for commenting about the subscription music. You are so right about it...there is SO much fun and quality listening available! Each single on the playlists so far segues right into the next track, mixed dj style! I feel like someone who is hanging out the car window seeing a city skyline for the first time, lol! Whether I go with Apple or something else, it's something that I will use all the time; so quick and easy. And honestly, it is less cost per month that two beverages at a coffeeshop, which I consider to be a splurge for friend dates and vacations. Nerd alert!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

According to my Spotify Wrapped my play time for 2022 was 31,933 minutes so, yeah, I use it a lot! Definitely worth the money. And I'm sure all the subscriptions are pretty equivalent, I just went with Spotify because that's what my kids said.

deb Replied:

So Lyn ~ the nerd in me had to calculate how many hours of Spotify listening you did for 31,933 minutes ~ it's 532.22 hours or 22.18 days! LOL. I think I need counseling!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

The year we remodeled this house I had 41,666!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

That's perfect!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.