JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Sandy's intentional exercise focus

Jeanne- CE!

I love that Sandy has shared what is working for her, and offered it to others in a way that almost everyone can manage: just 10 minutes a day for starters! That got me to thinking...

Despite that I actually love being active, I had been wanting to add in a focus for my "bat wing" upper arms; and this challenge got me exploring some new options. There are SO many quality choices on YouTube, for free! Lucy Wyndham-Read has all kinds of do-able exercises, some for as little as 1-7 minutes a day...totally doable!

I have learned that consistency is key. If I had 100 lbs to lose, it would not happen without consistency, and my "Maintaineer" status does not happen without consistency. Start small, but do it anyway, almost all of the time. Find a wellness plan that works for life, not a quick fix that leaves you wondering what to do when you get to goal. Plan your treats (not cheats) and special occasions in to your real life, in moderation, not deprivation.

We are here to support and inspire each other; that's why I'm still here in Maintenance! I don't have everything all figured out; I need my peeps! It keeps things fresh to share, listen to, and learn from others. Life doesn't suddenly get easier in Maintenance, but it definitely is of a much higher quality than could have been imagined.

If you have been at this for seemingly forever, never ever give up; you will get there in your own way! It is never a straight path; accept that there are are stalls, so allow yourself to catch your breath right where you are rather than backsliding; and keep checking back in for the right time to get back on board. It is very hard work, but so worth it! You are so worth this gift to yourself!

Sandy Replied:

You are so right Jeanne and I admire that you're still here and using this site for maintainance... as is Peggy. Those of you doing that inspire me to keep going.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

As a teacher- and I imagine for parents and grandparents, when something clicks for me, I want everyone I know to experience it, and I start thinking, "if only," "all you would have to do is," you could start by"...but we are each on our own individual journey. Only we ourselves know all of our whys and wherefores, and only we can get to the core of whatever is holding us back from living our lives as we were created to do; and only we can make the changes that will modify our behavior and change our lives for the better, definitely with a little (or a lot of!) help from our friends. Wellness is worth it!

Diane Replied:

I love this.. so true. Each day I am thinking ...have I done my 10 minutes. I am also trying not to backslide on my 10,000 steps. That has been a tough one this summer. Thanks for each and every person encouraging me .

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.