JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Water Intake - How Much

Time Out (Alex) 💋

I was told by one of the I-Fit Coaches that you should take your weight divided in half and that's how much water you should be drinking everyday in ounces, plus extra for exercise.

Start drinking!

How much on average do you drink? What is your new goal?

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I aim for 48 - 60 oz. I do eat a lot of fruits and veggies though that have high water content. I also have a hard time drinking water as I hate it. But I know I need it and notice that I feel better when properly hydrated.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I take in 72 oz most days, in addition to lots of high water content foods. My weight is usually between 142-144. I measure it out on weekdays and wing it on Saturdays and Sundays.

Sandy Replied:

I almost always get around 50 oz. but I shoot for more. I like pink grapefruit flavored water... no sugar in it.

Shari (CE) Replied:

I use a 40oz cup and I usually fill it 3 or 4 times throughout the day. I do keep ice in it so I figure that I drink a gallon a day. Getting my water in is the only thing I find easy lol

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

One of the eat-clean programs that I did advocated 3 litres of water per day, aka over 100 ounces! I stuck with it, forced the issue, and honestly it was way too much. I was always running to the bathroom, getting up a couple times a night, and really felt like I was flooding my body and flushing out needed things like digestive enzymes. So experiment with this, and really assess how you feel and how your body is responding. We're all different.

Time Out (Alex) 💋 Replied:

All very good and interesting answers. I aim to drink at least 100 oz. My goal at this time is 130 oz right now, because the weather is getting hotter and more humid here in Florida. Where you live also has a huge factor. For example, hot and dry places need some extra water.

My daily workout is about an hour and I soak my clothes in sweat, so I need to make sure I intake plenty of water. Usually during my workout alone I drink 32 oz. So I agree everyone is different.

Be careful and don't drink too much, as that is also harmful to your body. It's all about balance.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Yeah, if I try and drink too much I am miserable. Not enough isn't good either. My sweet spot is 48 on a slow day and 64 on an active day. Ish...no hard rules on this.

Thulz ❤️ Replied:

Ha! I just realized have absolutely no idea what ounces are! We use litres over here

I take in about 2litres a day and sometimes up to 3 but that's only when my body tells me to. It also depends on what I've been eating. Following a day of very low carb, my body also releases the water that is held in glycogen stores so there's usually a lot of running to the bathroom on those days.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

1 liter is just under 34 ounces. A typical bottled water here is 16 ounces.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.