JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

This One Day- 11/7/22

Jeanne- CE!

Another day of who knows what at the Dallas Learning Center, a quick whirl through Natural Grocers on the way home, date note hosted by moi. It's all good!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Well, this morning on my way to Whole Foods a pretty bad crash happened right in front of me. I was the first car to not be involved. An old lady took a hard left from the right lane of the highway right in front of a bunch of cars. Two cars hit her hard. About 5 of us stopped to help, she was locked in her car and it took us a while to get in to her. Then two men showed up, one was a nurse in the air force and the other was some sort of medical guy. I had to stabilize her neck while he helped her. She was having chest pains and couldn't breathe, her shoulder and ribs were hurt, it was so scary. She was so frail and confused, I just kept rubbing her arm and talking so she would calm down. She said she was going to her daughters house, but she also said she thinks she is 66 and she is easily 86. Finally after the ambulance took her and I was on my way it hit me what all had happened. And it makes me sad to realize that that was probably the last time she will ever drive a car, and likely she will never go home again, she will probably go to rehab and then assisted living from there. So many people's lives changed in that instant.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Oh Lyn, how traumatic! Perfect timing for her though, to have you on the scene.

deb Replied:

Oh my goodness Lyn! So scary for you! First of all, I am so glad you weren't involved in the crash & you are all right. Bless you for helping her. It is so sad and yes, we never know when we spget into our cars what could happen.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.