JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

"No vacation goes unpunished"

Jeanne- CE!

This is one of our tongue-in-cheek pat phrases in my chosen family, adaptable to anyone's situation, i.e. no good deed, no new eating or exercise plan, no day off from work, etc. It's actually a positive sentiment, just acknowledging the humor and irony in what really happens when a bold and positive change in attitude or behavior is made official. It happens so predictably in my life, that it's almost as if the universe decides to mess with me when I make a bold move. For me this idea even translates to time management: as soon as I get a grip and make a plan, I get delayed some way, somehow...every time; it's uncanny!

We were away for nine nights on our driving trip to Colorado, and it was spectacular in almost every way: just crazy beautiful and wonderful people! I really reawakened after not having a real vacation in two years, and was over the moon to finally have turned a corner workout-wise after two years of limping along after torn meniscus surgery and lots of vein work. We managed 5 hikes, an e-bike rental, and lots of exploring, and my body responded so happily-- and then on the very last day (thank goodness!) I got sick with some nasty virus, and am still wiped out with it. Once I lost sense of taste and smell I actually got tested to make sure I didn't have breakthrough covid. I still have low grade fever that has not broken. I don't write this for sympathy or attention, but to point out that we each get sabotaged in some way following our best intentions. This is going to happen!

So...knowing that this stuff probably happens to all of us, we have a choice as to how to react. I have learned that it is never the right move to turn away from wellness for longer than maybe a small choice or two. If we want to be strong and well, we have to LIVE strong and well, ALMOST all the time, no matter what! So don't let the wellness vampires rob you of living well, feeling well, and BEing well! Muster up the determination in your sassy stubborn self, stomp your little foot, and "do it anyway," no matter what! We can each do this, and are so worthy of all good things!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

This is so true, Jeanne. And looking at it like this is a very healthy and doable way of living...never turn away from wellness for longer than maybe a small choice or two. Brilliant!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Thank you! You are doing such a great job, Lyn, with all that you have experienced lately! I can't even imagine.

Phyllis Replied:

Thank you! You are so right and it's just what I needed to hear this morning.
There will always be that time of frustration but giving up is not the solution and I need to remember that.
I've worked to lose the "Covid" weight, had a great vacation and now here we are back in "Covid" again. I was feeling very down and your words remind me that being healthy still matters.
I do hope you are well!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Glad this resonated with you, Phyllis! Blogging is not really my thing--as I much prefer interaction--so every now and then I throw something out on the message boards for a little connection and camaraderie.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.