JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Substitutes

Sandy

I have been trying to change out unhealthy things in my diet with healthier versions. For example, I sometimes drink cranberry juice from a wine glass rather than having a glass of wine. (Wine always leads me to cheese & crackers) Not the same but it works. Do you have any "tricks" you use to make healthier choices? Have you cut your creamer to half what you used to use?

Melinda Replied:

Although not a trick, I love the cauliflower rice at Chipotle. It totally makes a burrito bowl within my plan (usually get two meals from one bowl)

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

My "sweets" are almost all fruit now, nothing sugary. Interesting dried fruits like golden raisins, mango, mulberries, goji berries are a great substitute for chewy and gummy candies.

Jenn J Replied:

When I want a sweet drink I use "True Lemon" water flavor packets. They use stevia and real fruit flavors.

Sandy Replied:

Those are some great ideas... I don't have a Chipotle near me but never thought about using cauliflower rice when I make burritos. I know about fruit and flavored water but I don't think of it. I will buy both today at the store so that is an option for me. Thanks!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.