JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

100 Days: Day 15: First two bites

Jenn J

Today's Tasks:

Choose one of your favorite foods such as carrot cake, and then focus on all the details and tastes of the first two bites. Let yourself appreciate the flavors.

After the first two bites, stop eating and get rid of the rest of the food. In your notebook, write down the details about this experience.

With each food you eat today, pay close attention to the first two bites. Notice how they taste in comparison to the rest of the food.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I love that this works for many people, but it's a major no go for me; I can two-bite a huge amount of something like nobody's business, because the two bite thing is not satisfying to me- and I've tried to talk myself into this mindset many times. But what does work is for me to enjoy my favorite treats sparingly, but in a full to generous portion; that may not make sense to some, but for me I consume way less overall and am more satisfied and able to maintain a healthy weight doing it this way.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I'm with you on this one, Jeanne.

Jenn J Replied:

I can sometimes notice that I just eat food without tasting. But if I start eating with the mindset of I want to enjoy my foods, then I taste every bite. I also find that when I am mindful of the tastes I tend to eat less as I'm also mindful of how much I am eating.

Anna Replied:

I am afraid the addict in me cannot follow this line of thinking. I am an all or nothing girl. My entire freezer has portioned out baggies of food so that my mind is happy with "one baggie". lol, I am a nutter!

Phyllis Replied:

I've been through these lessons before and spent a lot of time on this one. I'm not a really sweets person so I settled on mashed potatoes & gravy from KFC.
Today I made a special breakfast and concentrated on the last two bites which seems better for me since I tend to eat too fast!
It's still a favorite test.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.