JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

100 Days: Day 27: Eat dessert when it's special

Jenn J

Today's Tasks:

Make a list of desserts that you want to include on your special list.

Think carefully about the taste and texture each one should have. For each of your dream desserts, write a few words to describe your ideal ones.

Add a list of situations that are special enough to justify eating dessert.

Phyllis Replied:

Since I've never been very interested in dessert, this is an easy one for me.
One of my good friends and I go to a local restaurant known for their desserts and just have dessert and coffee in the afternoon for our birthdays.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I love desserts and sweets in general, but with my commitment to clean eating, almost never eat dessert unless I have made it and know what's in it- so that makes dessert a special event, and in the "ordinary times" I enjoy dark chocolate. I learned a long time ago that most grocery store and restaurant sweets and treats are loaded with sugar and lots of junk, and are just not worth it. If I am a guest in someone's home, I will usually enjoy whatever they serve, but in a small portion.

Anna Replied:

I like this concept. Since I am a sugar addict I "generally" think all desserts are special and amazing and mouth-watering. But I like the idea of making certain combinations of dessert, friends, family and scenerios into special desserts. I will see if I can manage something like this for my birthday next Sunday. Perhaps I could have a Sunday dessert in seven days... and try to continue that habit. Once a week on Sunday would be a nice way to manage a week of declining sugar "until later"... I could test it out and see what happens...

Jenn J Replied:

Anna, great idea. By allowing yourself a "special dessert" once a week with someone special, you will enjoy the dessert, the person and yourself more. I love this concept.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.