JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Have we come to the time we get sidetracked easily?

Jenn J

I've noticed fewer and fewer blog posts and message board replies lately. Have we come to the time where we are struggling and find it easier to just stop tracking, posting, weighing, and being engaged?

What can I do to help you re-engage in your plan? I want to help as I feel I'm fully engaged and on a great path in my life, for the first time in AGES!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I thought the same thing, Jenn! It's so much fun when there is a lot of commitment, engagement, and activity, and I miss the people and their energy when they go away. As a long hauler who finally got to Maintenance, I know the ups and downs that I had and still have.

One of my big light bulb moments was realizing I had to have a wellness plan- not a temporary diet- that I loved enough to do for life, and to do it ALMOST all the time, with planned treats (not cheats!). We each have our own perfect plan, but it takes a LOT of failures and resulting tweaks to get there, and we each are in charge of our own unique and remarkable journey to wellness. Everyone I know on this site has been through a great deal in life, and has a strong toughness and determination smoothed over with a heart of gold. We are each worthy!

Lyn❤️💛💜 Replied:

I'm still here!

Jenn J Replied:

Thulz,
I understand your view. I wasnt trying to be negative, and I'm sorry if it came across that way. It was meant to be a observation and ask if others noticed it. I see myself getting pulled away from my food plan focus and worry I will slip back now that I have seen some weight loss. I wonder if I wont think...today I can be less focused and end up with a big gain. You are in my thoughts and you have my support when you want it...and sometimes when you dont. HUGS

Thulz💃🏾🌟 Replied:

I didn't think your comment was negative at all I truly was responding from a point of being accountable.
I totally understand where you are coming from I really do. I don't want you thinking I want you to tip toe and we did say we would hold each other accountable.

I'll delete my comments bcoz maybe they do come across as aggressive or defensive and they are probably more appropriate for my blog where it is clear I'm talking about my specific journey rather than responding to anyone.
Tone can be quite difficult to convey in words

Lyn❤️💛💜 Replied:

Thulz, your comments were perfect! And Jenn, I'm glad you're holding us to what we set out to do. Simple reminders help me a lot.

Jenn J Replied:

In my past I would see some changes, weight or food intake, and then decide "I got this" and let my focus slide. I'd find myself, a few weeks later, back to all the eating habits I had before starting. I am really focusing on making this year, and the rest of my life, better than ever before. I'm sad my dad isn't here to see this process and the changes I'm making, but in my heart he is with me every day.

Thulz, I really appreciate your bluntness and didn't mean for you to delete your comment. I just wanted to be sure you knew my post was a general comment, not directed at one of us.

I do find that it is so easy to get pulled away from this plan. I really want to bake some brownie, but know if I do that I will eat way more than my sugar allowance each day. So, I'm waiting until after my next doctors visit (and A1c results) to allow myself to consider baking any.

I'm getting so close to 235 and my reward of buying some (about $35) craft supplies for myself.

Thulz💃🏾🌟 Replied:

I'm ready now. I'm going to need to make some very hard choices...everyday.
I'll post details on my blog tomorrow

You're doing great Jenn and that's so true...it's so easy to start drifting weirdly enough for both opposing reasons: because you're making progress or you're not making enough progress

Jenn J Replied:

Thulz,

I think we all have the moments when we look at something and think.."I can slide this into may plan today" and suddenly realize that we let so many things "slide" in that we aren't really following our plan...AGAIN. These kinds of changes are the most difficult. It's not like coffee or soda drinking. Making changes to our eating is so difficult because we can't just stop eating to change the habit of bad food choices. Eating is vital to our survival. With so many activities centered around food (holidays, birthdays, festivals, family gatherings, etc.) we all find it difficult to make these changes stick.

I think we all need to reward ourselves with something small, simple and non food for sticking with this process for 2 months. Even if you haven't seen the progress you wanted or expected, you are still here and still wanting to make those choices. Reward yourself for not quitting.

I am going to allow myself a day of crafting next Monday. That is my reward for sticking with this process.

HUGS to all of us for keeping going.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.