JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: 2021 Let's go ALL IN! Part 2

Jenn J

Let's keep this thread going.

Jenn J Replied:

I'm so proud of myself for staying engaged and doing the readings. I may only be on Day 19 of the reading, but I'm doing it, and not slacking off....much.

I really appreciate being able to post thoughts, issues, concerns, and get feedback here. It's been a wonderful supportive and constructive experience.

Thulz💃🏾🌟 Replied:

Oh yaay great you started the new thread. I was coming here to do it just now

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Strength in numbers; definitely a great example of the whole being greater than the sum of the parts!

Lyn❤️💛💜 Replied:

Yesterday was an off day for me, today I refocus.

Jenn J Replied:

Yesterday I found I didn't eat all the food I tracked. I removed items and was under calorie budget. Today i will be eating what I didn't eat yesterday. I am looking for another positive food day for myself.

Anna Replied:

I seem to be on track today. I am trying some new things:

Of course... refocusing. Trying harder to try harder.

I shifted my plan to losing 25lbs by May 9th. My granddaughter's wedding. The rest of the weight can be lost at another time.

I put on my mother's charm bracelet. lol, its as wierd as heck and bulky but I have a number 20 charm that I want to add to it. Her bracelet was given to me by my dad at Christmas so its important to me. I don't want to leave it in a box so I am wearing it. It tinkles sound, clunks sound, shines in the light and is a bit heavy BUT it reminds me that I have 20 lbs to lose before I can put that charm on with the rest of them. So far today, so good! No sugar and good carbs.

I am following the FAA diet plan. Simple, straightforward and so far today, so good. I am going back to finish the last quilt. A bit slack today but not going to bed til its done!

Today is a good day and tomorrow is a new one. Trying to get through it will all my intentions in tack.

Anna Replied:

I picture of my mother's charm bracelet. If I can keep it on til May and start taking the weight of I will be pretty happy. Needing some mama reinforcements! So far so good today. Its a green dot day! Day one down

Lyn❤️💛💜 Replied:

What a lovely sentiment, Anna!

Jenn J Replied:

So...now I'm so totally committed to this process. I'm ALL IN! I found out my A1c is higher than I want it and very close to prediabetic levels. Technically it's over, but with my weight loss and limited sugar/carb intake, I expect that to go back into normal range by April with I get retested.

I was committed and all in before, but this is just another confirmation on how important it is for me to lose this weight.

Anna Replied:

I so hope that you can manage. Sometimes the stress of knowing that you are close to being diabetic can cause you to falter at the beginning and sometimes its enough to get it back into a safe zone. It will probably be a lifetime battle but you got this!

Jenn J Replied:

I'm actually amazed it's only 5.7 as I was a super heavy sugar addict as a child. In the back of my mind I wondered for years if I was borderline hypoglycemic or diabetic. If I go more than 4 to 6 hours without high protein or sugar intake I can feel myself loose energy and get shaky and get a headache. I felt I was more likely to have hypoglycemia. This is my chance to make a critical life style change that will impact the rest of my life.

I'm focused on cutting back on sugars more than carbs now. This has lit a new fire in my life to get this weight and eating under my control.

Anna Replied:

A little relapse and I am back today. I am staying away shorter and shorter times these days. On track so far. Its 11am so that is a good sign for the day. Here's to a good day.

Jenn J Replied:

Anna, we are here for and with you. I may not be here in the site on Sundays, spending the day with my honey, but I am here in my choices and actions.

Thulz💃🏾🌟 Replied:

The simple truth is... I have been ALL OUT and the results show it
The reasons and excuses do not make it any less true.
The other truth is I'm probably not coming all the way back in until Sunday or Monday.

Lyn❤️💛💜 Replied:

I've been for the most part in. And my results show that as well. I'm a bit frustrated with myself at the moment, I am letting valuable time slip away.

Thulz💃🏾🌟 Replied:

That's it exactly Lyn...valuable time slips away to a point where originally reasonable goals starts to appear impossible.
I'm going to have to do something radical in March...

Thulz💃🏾🌟 Replied:

Jenn you are the absolute example of being ALL IN! Just wanted to say well done!!

Jenn J Replied:

Thulz, thank you. I am wanting to be healthier. I don't want to worry about a stroke or diabetes.

Lynn, Thulz, Anna, and anyone I missed....Remember today can be a new start. As Linda says, the past effort does NOT dictate your future success.

Keep focused and the results will come.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.