JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

100 MORE Days Day 7 Friday

Jeanne- CE!

Day 7: Not Willing To Change

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

If nothing changes, nothing changes. I do have discipline in many areas. But baby steps and consistency were crucial to my getting to goal weight and Maintenance. This idea applies to all areas of wellness that need a little tweaking. I have decluttering in my awareness, and will focus on baby steps to get myself moving in the right direction. Right now I'm just facing the right direction and barely budging lol! I am so wired for all-or-nothing and perfectionism, that I struggle with the baby steps- but that's exactly how I got to goal weight, so I choose to change any mindsets and choices that do not support overall wellness.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Wine. LOL Although I came to this realization yesterday so I am a step ahead!

Tyme4me Replied:

Not willing to do or keep holding onto. - pleasing others. When someone makes, bakes, cooks for us and made a Special meal, dessert or treat I don't want to hurt their feelings by saying no, or refusing the offer.

kc Replied:

Confession time. I have been closet eating peanut butter and jelly right out of the jar. Ug, there I've said it. It seems to be something I just don't want to give up. So, to replace it, I have made some of Maria Emmerich's chocolate protein pudding. I can take my spoon and scoop a few bites of that after hubby has gone to bed and have guiltless pleasure.

Anna Replied:

I don't know. I just don't know what stops me from doing what I need to do. I am trying ww with a friend and I seem to not be willing to give up on the idea that calories count. I got into the discussion with the group leader on how having 5 bananas matter, eating cake that is a ww recipe matters. All the meeting was about was how zero points don't matter They add a little within reason clause but I don't know... I can't seem to give up the idea that 1200 calories is 1200 calories and an orange is around 100 calories and its part of the darn 1200 calories. I can't make the shift and I sort of don't want to. Does anyone else feel this way? Now with all that said, and the down and dirty of it all is that I want to follow a 1200 calorie regime but that's a lot of work... so maybe they have created this system to take the work out of being on "a diet". I truly believe that most plans work if you work them. I just have to stay away from mindless eating and I will let go of the weight...

Today, I will look at the end of the day as part of my challenge. This will be a change. Usually I get up and I start from the morning ... willing myself to make the right decisions throughout. Today, I will visualize that the end of my day, I will be happy with the choices that I have made in it. That will be a bit of a change and might give me a chance to be more successful. We shall see.

Lyn💛 Replied:

12,000 calories from oranges will impact your body quite differently than 12,000 calories from pop tarts. All calories are not created equal. Just keep trying until you find a way of eating that works for your body and that you can continue for the rest of your life. Everyone is different so remember, what works for your ww leader may not work for you and that is ok. Your visualization idea is a great one!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

What Lyn said!

Phyllis Replied:

Amazing how my mind has changed over the years about eating.
Good thoughts here!

Anna Replied:

Yes, that makes sense Lyn! I feel like I want to do well today... so calorie count I will do, yes I will

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.