JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

100 MORE Days Day 6 Thursday

Jeanne- CE!

Day 6: Monday diet

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I have a long history of emotional overeating, and it is still tempting sometimes to fill that empty void with food, but that just doesn't work for my wellness. I can never get enough of what I don't need in those instances. Truly it is a joy to be in Maintenance, and worth all of the difficult and painful realities that I encountered on my journey to goal weight. When I get overwhelmed, I tell myself to get out of my head and into my heart and soul where I belong.

Lyn💛 Replied:

For me, I love the feel of a fresh start and Monday offers that. Once things aren't "perfect" anymore and the waters get a little muddied it is easy for me to slip into that who cares mindset knowing I can restart on Monday with a fresh slate. Not a good habit. lol And of course, the circle gets wider when I do it with a new month or even the new year which gives lots of opportunity for down time while I am waiting for the upcoming fresh start date. I'm getting better about that though.

Tyme4me Replied:

Being retired the weekend eating is no different than the rest of the week for me. Emotional eating is a continual struggle and dealing with stressful situations. I keep my Monday focus ok it's a new week.once the meeting with the attorney is over - then Once the evaluation is over then - once court is over next Friday then - excuse after excuse

kc Replied:

Wow, this one was written spot on for me.

"Maybe you're physically exhausted or emotionally worn down from the week. Perhaps your daily battles with stress, depression or loneliness have caught up with you. So you seek a bit of solace, and food does the job perfectly."

That is me in a nutshell right now. Except it has been 3 months of trial after trial. Fortunately, my weight has been stable. But the rest of me needs work.

I am working on getting this turned around.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.