JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

That blasted scale!

Jeanne- CE!

It is all about wellness, not just the number on the scale. If you are doing due diligence wellness-wise, then keep doing what you're doing and don't let the scale be your boss and mess with your psyche. YOU are in charge of your wellness!

I bring this up to point out that even in Maintenance, the scale ebbs and flows. This morning I had a spike of over two pounds, after a stellar wellness day yesterday. That's in the "unfair gain" category, but gains and losses mean nothing if the things that really matter are in place: quality and quantity of food, hydration, physical activity, sleep/rest/down time.

Re-evaluate what is and isn't happening wellness-wise, and how you feel. When I was in weight loss mode, my body hung on to excess weight when I was sleep deprived, which I never would have guessed. Find what is right for you; it may be difficult, but we can all can do it.

Lyn💛 Replied:

This is a great reminder for me this morning Jeanne. I have been trying to focus on my sleep more, I have a bad habit of laying in bed on my laptop until the wee hours of the night and I know this is no good for me.

Gwen Replied:

I could not agree more Jeanne. This journey is about wellness. Let's do this!

kc Replied:

Sleep is my trial also. I can go to sleep, but wake up anywhere between 1 and 3 am. Since I am not working at the moment, I have been going back to bed at 5 am and sleeping until 7 am. That is too late to be getting up! The last 44 years I have lived in farm country. You get up at 5 am with the chickens, not go back to bed for a nap!!!.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.