JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Daily "Life Hacks" 07/02/2018

Time Out (Alex)

Don't diet.

Diets never work, because they are too restrictive and temporary. Once you're off the diet, you let go, and all bets are off. Aim for gradual change, something you can sustain for the rest of your life. If you're about to make a change to your diet, ask yourself: "Is this something I can do forever?" If not, perhaps you should consider a smaller or different change.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

I happen to agree with this one very strongly. Diets don't work for me at all. It's exercising and counting my calories, watching the fat, carbs that works for me.

Lyn Replied:

Absolutely!

kc Replied:

Way of eating for life.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

YES! The only thing that got me to long term Maintenance was losing choosing a wellness plan for life. I could preach on this one, lol!

Gwen Replied:

I think a wellness plan is very different from a 'diet'. I am an all or nothing person so when I am focussing on health each choice matters. When I focus on a diet I am all over the place!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.