JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

We miss YOU

Gwen

Did you used to blog, comment on the message board, have buddies?

We miss you. Your presence is important to us all. Please let us know how you are doing!

Hugs!

Lyn Replied:

Thank you for posting this Gwen! I miss so many people!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I agree! I don't like when people go away. I always miss those who disappear without a trace.

Lorna Replied:

The past couple weeks have been really rough. Ì lost a friend, a cousin and one of my dogs all to cancer all within 2 days. Food has always been my drug of choice and I didn't handle the stress or grief well. Ì gained back about 6 lbs and am so angry with myself. Ì am coping better and can't focus on the gain ....I have to concentrate on getting my butt back in gear. Ì had a good day as far as eating and exercising goes. Looking forward to losing what I gained plus much more.

Lyn Replied:

Oh Lorna, I am so sorry for you! That is a lot, don't beat yourself up, anyone would have a hard time with all of that. {{{hugs}}}

Gwen Replied:

@Lorna, I agree with Lyn, you had so much to handle this last two weeks. Thanks for sharing with us. You take care and you will be amazed at what your new focus can achieve.

Lorna Replied:

Thank you so much. I'm back on track focused and determined.

Peggy Replied:

Yes! Tell us how you are doing. Your progress inspires all of us. Not doing so well? Your struggles are our struggles too.

Peggy Replied:

Loma, no one handles this kind of stress and grief well. No one. I'm sending you hugs and praying for peace for you

Diane Replied:

Lorna, I am so sorry, that is a lot to process. Big hugs to you and glad you are back and focused.

Lorna Replied:

Thank you so much. It's good to be on track again....I hate going to bed feeling sick at night because of what and how much I ate through out the evening. A friend of mine chaĺlenged me to a 21 day challenge and I'm on day 8 and its made such a difference. Every day I have to send her (and she sends.me) 3 things I am thankful for today....a positive experience I had today and an act of kindness I've done today. It's crazy how it.makes you examine yourself and your life....i think she and I are going to continue after the 21 days is through. Ì hope every o e has a wonderful and successful day

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Lorna

Angela Replied:

I slowed down while my daughter graduated, my mom went through cataract surgery and my husband had hernia surgery. My eyes are still on the prize though and the pounds are SLOWLY shifting. My biggest change this year has been adding consistent cardio to my regime. Just walking but it has changed my endurance and strength immensely. I'm sorry I spent so many years sitting in a chair but I'm not going to let that determine the rest of my life!!

Gwen Replied:

@Angela, your eyes are still on the prize no matter what else is going on. That is terrific!

Lorna Replied:

Angela....life sure does try to get in the way. You're pushing forward and that's what counts. Slow and sure wins the race.

Angela Replied:

Michelle Replied:

Hey all. I've missed all of you. And I have thought about all my blog friends while I was away. Over the years my job has changed and so has my free time. I check in every now and then but I haven't always made my presence known.
I'm glad you posted this Gwen.
I love this web site and the incredible support I got from this. I learned a lot about myself by sharing my weight loss journey with all of you and from reading your blogs.
I'm looking forward to sharing more with my SYD friends

Gwen Replied:

Michelle, hello! I remember your symbol! So good to see you!

Sharon VA Replied:

Hi everybody! I have been gone a long time. I am back now and looking forward to making progress and seeing how everyone is doing.

Lyn Replied:

Welcome back Michelle and Sharon! Well done Angela!

Michelle Replied:

Hey all. Nice to be back. I'm trying to like your comments but I may have unlinked a few by mistake hahaha.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Welcome back!

Sandy Replied:

I agree Gwen. There are so many that I miss and I sometimes go to their sites and leave them a message to say so... life pulls us away sometimes but I hope some of them will come back.

ThulzTheThriver! Replied:

I'm very stressed out at work with my boss calling me anytime from 6 am to midnight so the hours that I'm not physically at work, I'm spending on the phone with him. We are busy with a takeover so it's crazy all round. I feel like I have no more time to gather myself back and I have literally been eating mindlessly for the past few weeks.
I used to take the time in the morning to set my intentions and if I was still doing that I would probably draw boundaries for that morning period at least.

With all that said what is really keeping me away is... Shame and Guilt and it gets harder with every day that passes.

Lyn Replied:

There is nothing to be ashamed about, this is a process and there are ups and downs for all of us!

Anna Replied:

Hi Everyone,

I am in and out of SYD all the time. I soooo want to get on track and my mind believes that I will but then I just don't. I have really bad diabetes now and I am even starting to think about my life's end because I can't get it together. Someone once said that not taking care of diabetes is like passive suicide. I don't know. I have a lot to live for, I have a lot to do with the rest of my life but I can't seem to get this under control. I have talked to my insurance rep about life insurance and I am preparing a binder for my business in case something happens. I am only 55 and I always said I was going to live into my 90's. What the heck.... I am not depressed. Please don't get me wrong. I just feel that if I can't/don't get my health under control, my choice to live a healthy life will be taken away from me. SOOO, the question is why can't I get my sugar and diet under control? Its so nice to see all the names here of people we have gotten to know over the years. I lost and have kept of 30 lbs but its more from hard work then from conscious choice and decision making. I will try to check in tomorrow! I might even count my calories tomorrow!!! Have a great evening everyone!

Lyn Replied:

Great to see you back Anna! You can do this, I KNOW you can!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

So glad to hear from you, Anna! It is SO worth it to live well and BE well, and that is my deep hope for you. You can SO do this...baby steps; breathe in, breathe out: left foot, right foot.

Gwen Replied:

@Anna, I agree with Lyn and Jeanne! Hugs!

Sue Ellen Replied:

Anna, thank you for your post. My husband and I could have diabetes in 6 months if we do not lose this weight and change our eating. Have been struggling with ice cream and the crunchy Cheetos. When we are out of these I tell myself that is it and decide to buy no more until we go shopping and hubby gets his diet coke zero soda and says lets get some ice cream. I never say no. I am 70 and know must stop this but my addiction is taking over. I am a life time member here and do not plan to give up but keep trying to get it right. 30 pound loss is great and know you can do this! hugs with thanks.

Gwen Replied:

I love how we can encourage each other on SYD. Support and encouragement is what we are here for!

Anna Replied:

Thank you for the kind words. Today I feel like I can do this! I set everything up in my binder and am all set. As a sugar addict, the first 7 or 8 hours are the hardest and so far so good. I think I will start to blog again. I am so happy that everyone opens up their arms to us ones that pop in and out of "our plan" to be well, healthy and at goal. It took me a week but I think I am here to stay

Lyn Replied:

Hey, it happens to all of us at some point or another. The point is, you came back and are ready to go again. I can't wait to hear about your successes!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.