JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Keto Diet

Alicia

Is anyone doing this?

Gwen Replied:

I am doing it and enjoy it a lot. After the first few days there is no hunger or cravings and it makes staying in keto much easier than one would expect.

kc Replied:

Hi Alicia, Several people are doing keto or LCHF. Use the search spy glass and several posting come up, low carb or keto

Cheryl Replied:

Glad to see some more ketos, I just started on Friday and I've already lost 2.2lbs. They say the 1st few lbs or so are mainly water, but still - most "down" weight I've seen for quite some time and VERY encouraging. Also - LOVE the food choices - feels like I'm "cheating", and yes - agree with Gwen, reduced cravings, feeling fuller, longer, etc. all-in-all, "Keto, where have you been all my life???!!!"

Gwen Replied:

Congratulations Cheryl. Any weight loss is good in my thinking. I agree with what you say and wish I had found keto decades ago. I do not have the cravings I always had and evenings are getting easier - my preferred time of eating.

Are you going Keto Alicia? I recommend it.

Lorna Replied:

Today is day 3 for me....eating 20 or less carbs per day. Ì love my carbs but I realized I'm also loving the keto eating program. I've heard so many good things about this kind of a life style...praying for good results.

cheryl Replied:

Hi, I am also doing Keto Im not so strict with it I basically limit my carbs and sugars as much as possible. I knew about this lifestyle of eating but I NEVER expected it to be so easy to follow, I am a definite carb addict!! Ive been doing this for almost a month, I'm not losing too much yet just over 3 pounds but I'll take it. I have limited mobility due to a back injury but had a procedure yesterday for injections, my hopes are to get feeling better, moving better, start yoga exercises at least 3 days a week. I can say I have no cravings and the foods I do eat keep me full for hours!! AND YES WE CAN LIVE WITHOUT CARBS LOL!!!

Congrats Cheryl on your weight loss too!!

Gwen Replied:

We have two Cheryl's here. You both need to be congratulated for making a strong start. Yes!

Not hungry on low carb! I absolutely agree and it is the first time in my life I have not had cravings!

Go for it ladies!

Cheryl Replied:

Hiya Guys! CherylA here, thanks for the acknowledgements, down a bit more today after a slight up yesterday, found out about electrolytes - the HARD way - had a slight physical setback but fixed it before it got the worst of me, lol, have a great day ladies!!

cheryl Replied:

Thanks Gwen!

I did also manage to give up soda a week ago and thats going pretty good too.

Cheryl, I hope your feeling better, be careful! Especially if you live where the heat is bad right now.

Have a great day everyone!!

Cheryl Replied:

Does anyone know how to add my pic to my profile? I've looked all over ...

Gwen Replied:

@ Cheryl, is int under the Contact Card tab which is under Community. Lyn could tell you for sure.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Yep! Go to Community, then Contact Card and then on the left you'll see a place to upload a photo.

Lorna Replied:

Day 5 today for me doing the keto thing. I'm such a carbonic I did t think i would be able to do it. Turns out its not so tough and is so delicious and i am never hungry. Looking forward to weighing in Tuesday.

Good luck on this weight loss journey every one. I know we can do it

Cheryl Replied:

Yes, I thought it should be on Contact Card but I don't see it - is it because I'm not a paid member? Are you guys with pictures paying members?

Lyn💛 Replied:

This is how it looks on mine.

Cheryl Replied:

You must be a paid member, yes? Cuz I'm not and I don't see that on mine but I'm having fun with this site

Cheryl Replied:

hahaha, love your pic, Lyn!!

Lyn💛 Replied:

Yes, I am a paid member. I'm not sure what all the differences are but I have found it well worth the money for me.

Cheryl Replied:

That's great! I have limited funds right now ... thanks for your help.

cheryl Replied:

Lorna, how are you doing with your Keto diet?

Lorna Replied:

The last two days were rough. I wasn't as much sick as just complete and totally exhausted. I slept about 30 of the last 48 hrs. Feeling better today thank God. Today is day 9 and I'm down 8.2 lbs. I'm feeling optimistic for the first time in a very long time

Cheryl Replied:

Hey! They've added lots of new features - overnight! Now I've loaded my pic up!! Magic!!

cheryl Replied:

Congrats Lorna!! I've been under the weather too and I'm AVOIDING the scale, I can tell by how I feel it wouldn't be a nice number, I think seeing a gain will make me want to give up. I'm hoping for a better day today

kc Replied:

,Lorna, are you getting your electrolytes in? That can make you feel out of sorts. Not sure how new you are to the Keto way of eating, but the Keto flu can make you feel rotten.

Lorna Replied:

Thanks Cheryl....I hope you feel better soon. Those good numbers will come...
KC I am....I am familiar with the keto flu but don't really think this is it. My life has been insane and I think it was simply exhaustion. I slept 12 hrs Monday night and 9.5 last night and I feel 100% better.
I am back in the game '

Gwen Replied:

Sounds like everyone is doing well!

I agree good sleep can help a lot.

Cheryl Replied:

Today's Simple Math: Popcorn + Movie = Red Dot + Weight Gain.

cheryl Replied:

Cheryl, I like that sign!

kc Replied:

Making Keto pudding with hard boiled eggs and canned coconut cream. Yum!

Gwen Replied:

Tell us more KC - what else is in it and how does it taste?

Cheryl Replied:

Yes kc, let's hear more about that pudding please ...

kc Replied:

I would love to share the recipe, but It would be against the copy write agreement I signed when I joined Maria Emmerich's page that supports this book.
It is one of the many recipes I use again and again from it. My non-Keto husband loves everything I have made from it. I highly recommend it. Only thing is her books are addictive. Bet you can't have just one. Maria also has a Facebook page that supports her 30 day cleanse book as well as her other books. https://www.facebook.com/groups/30dayketogeniccleanse/
The pudding is one that my hubby asks for on a weekly basis. As good as regular pudding and sooooo much healthier.
https://smile.amazon.com/30-Day-Ketogenic-Cleanse-Metabolism-Whole-Food/dp/1628601167/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1529718721&sr=8-8&keywords=maria+emmerich.

Gwen Replied:

Thanks KC, I will definitely look that up. It is so good to have the source!

Cheryl Replied:

Found it! Thanks ...

Gwen Replied:

I just bought the Kindle version of Keto - The complete guide. Can't wait to read it!

kc Replied:

Gwen, Let me know what you think. That is in my amazon wish list.

Lorna Replied:

I love to find new recipes and new ways of making my.old favorite foods but in a whole new keto way. Last night my hubby wantedhamburger helper for dinner....said he had a craving???? I used ground beef to make myself a huge bunless burger topped with swiss cheese....my entire meal only 5 carbs. I took a picture and sent it to my daughter trying to bribe her into getting healthier....praying it works. I don't feel deprived at all on this way of eating because the food is so delicious.

kc Replied:

Great job Lorna!

Gwen Replied:

Keto - The complete guide is a good read, with sound science and is practical. Early lessons from it have convinced me to consume 20g TOTAL carbs instead of net carbs. I am impressed by Maria's enthusiasm for life and she has long years of actually living low carb. Sugar is poison, we all know it but this book shows that carbs in starch convert to sugar so we need to watch how much grain we consume too.

I am glad I bought the book.

cheryl Replied:

Hmmmmm I'm going to have to check this out, are the recipes easy to make with simple ingredients? Some of the books I've looked threw have some very odd things in them.

kc Replied:

Thanks Gwen for the review. Oh amazon!
Cheryl, I love cooking now. Check out Maria Emmerich's blog. She has some recipes listed there. If you like them, all of her cookbooks are fabulous. I am not sure how many recipes are in the 'Keto' as it is more information/science based.

Gwen Replied:

I haven't found any recipes in the Keto - the Complete Guide but it is a fabulous book. There are stories of people who have reversed illness, got well and lost weight!

Cheryl Replied:

Hello everyone ... looks like this blog got very quiet - that's the way things go, right? Anyway, for anyone who's interested - I made the Keto Pudding with hard boiled eggs and coconut milk + vanilla & cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves etc ... - it was a bit weird at the start but left chilling in the fridge and it improved as the days went on - both me & Hubby ate it all up - not sure if I'd make such a large recipe of it again, maybe half at a time - and fewer eggs per batch - the whole recipe called for 10 eggs!!! I'm finding eating keto to be as easy as "I've always cooked this way" - or at least WANTED to - til I met Hubby - who was a pastaholic. But I've changed him, if you can believe it - after 29 years!!!!!!! Now THAT'S a miracle!!!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Thanks for bringing this back to the top,Cheryl! My chofam Dr. Tim, who is my holistic chiropractor, kinesiologist, and nutritionist, is an advocate of keto. My husband and BFF girl Di are seeing the benefits of keto and low carb eating. I still prefer the low to moderate carb range, but most of my carbs come from above ground plants, and I consume very few grains.

All that to say that as an amateur chef and wellness advocate, I have found a lot of info and great recipes on the Diet Doctor website. They offer a free 30 day trial, and thereafter it is $9 a month. Bottom line is to do what makes you sparkle with vibrance and wellness. It is different answers for different bodies, but it is worth test driving various plans until you find your personalized path to wellness.

kc Replied:

Cheryl, I have made it with 6 and 8 eggs. Whatever I have o hand. Also used heavy whip cream instead of canned coconut milk. Always great second day! Love Maria Emmerich recipes.

Lorna Replied:

Got off track big time....but kicked my butt and am back with a vengeance. Looking forward to a big loss this week

Cheryl Replied:

Keto - on, my friends ...

Lorna Replied:

One of the easiest eating plan ever. There are so many delicious foods to eat. When I miss sweets o have sugar free jello with a handful of berries....the thing is I'm no longer missing sweets or breads

Gwen Replied:

I love keto - before I found it I had no idea I could ever live without cravings. It is marvellous!

Lorna Replied:

Gwen I couldn't agree more. Ì was a carbaholic....but I'm realizing more every day that I'm also a huge carnavor. It's so strange to be eating so many of the foods that diets in my younger years wouldn't allow you to eat. I'm LOVIN this for sure

Gwen Replied:

Yep, I am really enjoying the food I do eat and do not feel one bit deprived.

Lorna Replied:

So yesterday one of my patients asked me If I'm still eating a keto diet. Ì told her yes but I was suppose to go for a fundraiser spaghetti dinner and I didn't know for sure what to do. In her 90 yr.pld wisdom she said you go and enjoy a plate of spaghetti and apologize to no one fore it and tomorrow you get right back to your keto life style. And so I did have a small plate of spaghetti....it was good.....but honestly it didn't make.me want to cheat again today which was a worry for me....right back at it this morning and feeling good. Have an awesome day all

Cheryl Replied:

Good Job, Lorna!

kc Replied:

Great story and advise Lorna.

Lorna Replied:

Ok so my N.S.V. after 3 weeks I have gone from wearing XL scrubs to wearing L scrubs.....I tried them on tonight and they actually fit. Soooò exciting

kc Replied:

Happy dance for you Lorna!

Lorna Replied:

Thank you

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.