JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Daily "Life Hacks" 05/30/2018

Time Out (Alex)

"Eating a spoonful of peanut butter before bed helps you burn more calories while you sleep"

by Life Hacks

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

So...who's going to try it? I can't, I'm allergic to nuts. Don't worry not too severe I just break out really bad.

Let me know what you find.

Lyn Replied:

Think it counts if it's covered with chocolate? Just kidding. LOL

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I don't know if that is true, but if I get get home from a busy day and find myself truly hungry before bed, that's what I have. It sticks to my ribs and I never gain from doing this. And chocolate would be even better!

Penny Replied:

This sounds very interesting!! I think I might try that. I had never heard of it so I looked it up. It supposedly helps you sleep better, too. I DEFINITELY could use that! Menopause has really changed my sleep. I'll try it by itself first, then after I've had a chance to see if it works or doesn't work, I'll take one for the team and try the chocolate!!

Lyn Replied:

LOL Penny

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Ok, ladies it sounds like we have a winner.

For fun I'm going to try and post these "Life Hacks" on a daily basis. Some are really good. Aunty Acid is good too and funny!

So we know it works for Jeanne. Now the rest of you have some experimenting to do!
Lyn & Penny, I don't see any mention of chocolate! LOL!

Lyn Replied:

I love it Alex, it is nice to see people posting again!

Aunt Jan Replied:

I have peanut butter bars on my diet. I'll try it and see if it helps

Penny Replied:

Well, I forgot about the peanut butter last night, but tonight it's happening!! (I'm guessing the chocolate PB2 doesn't count so I'll "stick" with the real deal! ) I'll report in tomorrow.

cheryl Replied:

This is an interesting idea!!

Penny Replied:

Darn It!! I missed it again! I am not in the habit of eating ANYTHING after supper so I keep forgetting about the peanut butter. Maybe I'll make a note.......

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Penny, what are we going to do with you!?!

Don't worry you'll remember one of these days, and then you'll forget to tell us!

Penny Replied:

I remembered it....ONCE! Alex, you're right. I DID forget to tell you. I ate it last Saturday. I'm still trying to remember, but that one time was great! I forgot how much I love peanut butter. Any idea how long I need to do this before I should notice some results? I'm not so patient these days, but this excuse to eat peanut butter every day should help!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

LOL! I know I always forget things!

I say do it every night and see if you start feeling a difference! Let us know!

Penny Replied:

I'm certainly going to try!!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.