JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

ODAT Thursday April 3, 2018

Jeanne- CE!

Waddup, Buttercup? What do you plan to do for your wellness in the midst of real life, just for today?

I will be Clean Lean Jeanne no matter what, pace my energy, focus on possibility, check in with Dr. Tim, enjoy chorale rehearsal this evening.

This planking business, oh my gosh! This better be working, ha!

Lyn Replied:

Yeah, Jeanne, I am pretty mad at myself for committing to ONE plank a day, I can't even imagine two! LOL And it is funny that you say that because yesterday the whole time I was holding my plank I was trying to figure out exactly what all muscles I was feeling and I kept thinking...this better be working! I had to talk myself into doing it yesterday and it was only day 4...
Today I have someone coming to measure for new counters so I will re-clean the kitchen that I had perfectly clean yesterday but now somehow looks as if we had a party for about a million people in it. I love leaving a room clean only to re-enter it a while later and wonder...did we get hit by a pack of raccoons? So once the kiddos (who are no longer kiddos) leave, I will do my magic once again. It is going to be a great day!

kc Replied:

Staying strong.

Angela Replied:

How long are you girls doing your planks for? More than one? on hands or elbows. I tried one the other day and I might be able to do one or 2 a day just wondering. I've been doing a jumped up walking program averaging an hour a day and am really beginning to see results but my core strength could use a boost.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I have a love-hate relationship with planking. I find them challenging, but a lot of bang for the buck. I am not timing my planks, but have done an online plank challenge before that gradually increased the time over a month. I haven't been doing as much yoga lately, so I decided to add in regular planking while my schedule has been so full. I am guessing that each plank is 1-2 minutes. The hardest for me is low on forearms. I change up the second plank to make it more palatable and will do high pushup planks or side planks. I will admit this to you that I actually have a planking playlist for when times are tough, lol!

kc Replied:

10 seconds would be doing good IF I tried to do one. LOL

Lyn Replied:

I plank for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes and I alternate between traditional planks and down on forearms. I also do various planks in yoga but they are never held that long. I don't love them. LOL I especially don't like side planks, but you know what they say...the pose you avoid is the pose you most need. I typically ignore that theory. haha

Char Replied:

What's a plank
I guess I should see if I can do one and see how long I can hold it

Lyn Replied:

This is a plank!

Lyn Replied:

This is a forearm plank...

Lyn Replied:

This is a side plank...

Lyn Replied:

There are lots of other versions but you get the picture...lol

Char Replied:

I did one forearm plank for 10 seconds, woo hoo!
Thank you!

Angela Replied:

Thanks I'll let you know how it goes

Lyn Replied:

Good for you Char!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.