JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Eggs!

Rjaatt

I hope this Easter Week fills your home with peace, joy, and plenty of colorful Easter eggs!
One egg has only 75 calories but 7 grams of high-quality protein, 5 grams of fat, and 1.6 grams of saturated fat, along with iron, vitamins, minerals, and carotenoids. The egg is a powerhouse of disease-fighting nutrients like lutein and zeaxanthin. Eggs are laid by female animals of many different species, including birds, reptiles, amphibians, mammals, and fish, and have been eaten by humans for thousands of years.

Enjoy that Egg! its great Protein. Look up (What do eggs contain?) and you will be amazed at how good they are for you even if they are not organic, a egg is a egg and it filters out all the harsh chemicals and fertilizers, it also filters out all the pharmaceuticals shots or grains.

Cindy H. Replied:

I love eggs. What's your favorite way to eat them. Right now I'm on a quiche kick.

Rjaatt Replied:

Bragg Liquid Aminos: I take a swish in the pan with a drop or two of coconut oil. Then I crack the egg and place it in the small frying pan. I cover with a lid and let it cook on low heat until the clouds cover the sun. I eat one Brown Egg a Day! Since I don't eat much meats.

Amino Acids. As its name implies, Bragg Liquid Aminos It contains 16 of the 20 amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein. The body uses these amino acids for digestion, tissue growth and repair.

Liquid Aminos is made by treating soybeans with hydrochloric acid to create free amino acids and then neutralizing the remaining acid with sodium bicarbonate, which creates sodium chloride, giving it its salty taste. Invented as protein source for vegans and vegetarians and an alternative to soy sauce or tamari.

How Do you like them the best? by the way thank you so much for asking!

kc Replied:

Fry up some vegtables; cabbage, onions, mushrooms [oh bacon too] in a cast iron pan. Then pour scrambled eggs over. Cook for a bit, then finish off under the broiler. Yum.

Rjaatt Replied:

No Mushrooms or bacon for me please, I love the cast iron pan as long as it is seasoned that's the best! it takes 8 hrs. but so worth it. Did you know that if you use buttermilk in your eggs they will fluff up and become 8 times their normal size. Most don't know the benefit of buttermilk and its wonders.

Thank you for sharing this with me. If your wondering why no mushroom, my grandchild is allergic too them so we can not have them in the house, and as for the bacon it took me over 7 yrs to stop eating it. it was a craving that I loved with over easy eggs. The only reason I ever ate bacon was to digest my food, I needed the oil in it. Since before I didn't eat anything with oil, Now I use coconut oil a 2 or 3 drops a day in my juice and in my "ONE" egg. LOL Again thank you so very much.

What are other foods you cook eggs with!...Kc?

I take my white eggs, I put them in the rice cooker whole and then I add spices or different types of tea's. The shell of the egg changes to browns or greens depending what spice or tea you use. What it does is flavor the inside of the egg whites. You can add just about any flavor too it. After they have cooked don't cool them down, let them cool down one by one with the air. If they have spices on them don't wash them off. once you crack the shell at the bottom first then top, then once on the side you can peal them off easily and use the shells for the garden along with your coffee grinds. It will help your plants grow nice and strong. If you have fruits, veggies, eggs, you can put them in a can with dirt an add some worms. Then you can create a great compost for your garden. I miss having a garden. But my adult kids are being foolish so I have just learned to deal with it. Anyway! You have thee most wonderful day ever!

Lyn Replied:

I use the shells in my compost bin and I also use some that I dry and then put in the blender to make a powder to put in the hole before I plant my tomatoes. It works great but holy cow does it stink when it's blending! LOL

Rjaatt Replied:

I didn't know that! I will remember this! Thanks so much, I have heard of crushing bone! chopping and putting in the garden but not chopping shells for tomatoes.. GREAT Idea! Thanks for sharing!

Rjaatt Replied:

I love Amino liquid, just a splash, coconut oil 2 drops, take asparagus fry it, with spinach together after fried, remove and add egg until the clouds cover the sun. Add with meal creamed yams, grind apples/ cantaloupe. wash strawberry's mixed with berry's, grapes and add a banana. With 2 z glasses of water. This is one of my most favorite breakfast meals. Note: 3 strawberry's / 1/8 of berry's mixed/ most of all my food is 1/8 of a cup its not much but it makes me happy to see all the pretty colors and my pallet loves the different tastes.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.