JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Light clicked on! Goal Tracker

Rjaatt

When I started I clicked on to the Goal Trackers that has a "Full Year". I did nothing temporary/ short term or daily or weekly. I went for the full Term! April 1st to Dec 31st. which took all my trackers to join. Active Short-Term Goals (1-2 months), Active Medium-Term Goals (3-6 months), Active Long-Term Goals (Over 6 Months). My first Active day is April 1st. YEA!
May-27-2018 (59 days) Weekly Goal 251 lbs.
Sep-23-2018 (178 days) Weekly Goal 200 lbs.
Dec-19-2018 (265 days) Overall Goal Weight 163 lbs.

I will figure out this site, little by little, day by day I find new things I over looked, and I have Read 100 Days of Weight loss, I have read all about Linda Spangle, RN, MA, all her sites and starting on the next book. I am a fast reader, I can read a book in one day or two if need be. What a amazing person, I have been inspired by her words and her life she has come a long way and so will I for the rest of my life. Their is no looking back but everything to look forward too. A New Beginning!

Lyn Replied:

I love the goal tracker too.

Rjaatt Replied:

Ok I think I have figured this out in 7 days! and I finally was able to put in the right foods and the right amount to get a Check Mark for every item. Green Check Mark For ME!

No wonder I am over weight. I don't eat carbs and I don't eat fat well not enough this tracking tells me. But I eat Tons and Tons of Fiber and its really funny when your "Fiber is Filled" and your Carbs and Fats are EMPTY! All week long I have spent hours on hours trying to find something that would give me the (0) mark. Check Mark you have reached your goal. And I did that last night! Today Copy and Past or Repeat the same action. So I can get the same outcome.

000 Calories
Goal:000 Remaining: 0
25.1 Fat (g)
Goal: 25 Remaining: 0
96.2 Carbs (g)
Goal: 95 Remaining: 0
10.4 Fiber (g)
Goal: 10 Remaining: 0
:idea:-D

Lyn Replied:

Rjaatt Replied:

It has taken me many years and I mean! Many years to get to this point. I can admit I am bulimic and Anorexic at the same time. I go from one to the other. My mother was bulimic she would stuff her face until the sun rose in the morning. Yet she was so skinny I could put my hands around her waist a size 1#. Can't compete with that. I was big boned, I was never a dainty girl, I had my fathers figure tall and stocky I was built like a carpenter by the time I was of 12yrs old. I worked with him after school and on the weekends I was a 100% tomboy. I didn't have any girlfriends only Guys that teased me.

While on the other hand my mother dressed me up in Lace Dresses, and tap shoes, or ballet' shoes year after year I had to be pretty. I was her pretty little doll she dressed in crochet clothing, as I stood on stage with tons of people watching so my mother could get all the glory! "O' how cute she is! All I could think of is "screaming I want to go to work with my father" "Let me out of these itchy clothing"

As a reward my mother would let me walk down to the store with $25.00 and that was a LOT of money in the 70's. I got to buy all the food I wanted! Then we would sit in the front room and scarf out on candy and coke. Watching TV. That was the fun. Then we would clean house, scrub this and that until you drop! I think my mother and father thought it was funny when I was crazy on sugar and all I can say is every month I realized it was because of a period. A stupid week out of the month that made her crazy. Well, it was passed on to me but I was crazy 2 weeks out of the month and I passed it onto my daughter, who is passing it on to her daughter sad to say.
Craziness and a dot at the end of a sentence has a hug story to follow.

When did that Craziness stop with me! in 2007 with the "Hysterectomy". My body stopped wanting sugar and only wanted salt.

I am afraid that, it also hit very hard on some other things like smoking and drinking and etc. But through out the years I have over came them and walked away with medals you can say. I have worked very hard on myself with lots of organizations that have helped me in some way or another.
One must really find what works for them if they want to succeed in what ever situations they want to deal with. Eating is my last and has been my very hardest to accept. I have bought food and it has been gone in a day or two. I have starved myself for weeks on weeks, I have eaten over 5000 calories a day and I have eaten 0 calories in a day or a week. Living with such a Mind that feels everything and anything and talks to me telling me what I need and should need has not been a gift but a burden. Its like being in a body with more then one person and one is in control and one is just following doing what ever the other one wants. As much as I would say "NO". it had no effect on me not any! So the struggles I have had to over come have not been easy but I have overcame them and I never give up trying, I just keep going from one place to the next until I achieve what is needed to make me face the truth about myself. I just keep walking and jogging! and trying to take the fear of people away!. How do you over come such a cruel world or cruel family? I don't know but I do know this, I am still alive and that is a good thing, and I am still trying to better myself with or without my family's support. Thank God! For places like this because we find a support system others who understand and have compassion, empathy and real life skills. I am who I am and I am not going to change who I am because if I did I would not be "I am".

Lyn Replied:

hugs to you

Rjaatt Replied:

I guess I have to wait one more week before I show up in the weight tracker so I can start the community challenges long term? Unless I am doing something wrong and can't figure that out? Time will tell.

Lyn Replied:

You can join any competition at any time, the weight ones need a weight entered on the first day of the competition or maybe any day before, I forget. I'm not sure what you mean by showing up in the weight tracker.

Rjaatt Replied:

Were do you enter the weight, I enter it everyday: [Track Your Weight] {Today's Weight): ) but it does not show up in the community competition chart & graphs it just says (0).
Let's see how much we can lose in 2018! - Compete on who has the highest weight loss percentage. You must have at least one weight entered [[on or before the start date]] of this competition to compete. [Starts: 01/01/2018 Ends: 12/31/2018}

I think that is the problem, I just started and the contest has been going on for 2 months. I guess I should delete that and start over for it says I cant join any other groups because all of them are filled! These two groups I did long term have taken all my join-able. They say I have 37 groups and I only am entered into two of them? I will delete them and start over!

Lyn Replied:

For that competition, it started on 1/1/18 so as long as you have a weight entered for that date or before that date you will show up, if you joined after that time you can just go back to Jan. 1 and enter your weight and you will show up in the competition but it will change your stats because it will think you started your diet back then. Or you can join any of the other competitions that have room in them or you can start your own and people will join in with you.

Rjaatt Replied:

OK! I deleted the long term and I put in short term and it logged in ever-thing for me. but I can only sign up right now for 2 events since I am not a member yet! That made a huge different.

So this was the problem "You must have at least {one weight} entered" [[on or before the start date]]. of the competition you sign up for. Got it! ..
Thank you~ Thank you~ thank you~ sometimes I just miss the details, it just dose not register in my mind. Like what a person tells me today! can take up to 3 days before my brain has sorted out all the information. YEP 3 days! Then I can reply back to them. I have a ODD BRAIN!

Rjaatt Replied:

Everytime I think I have this place figured out, I find new stuff, why I didn't see it the first time??? I have no idea. but I just keep "Pushing this and Pushing that".

[[[Tracking Info]]] WOW! Click on this button and turn your world upside down!
Blank Check
You have not tracked anything in this category.
Partially Filled Check
As you track, the check will fill in as you move towards your goal.
Filled Check
You've reached your goal for this category.
Caution Check
You are more than 10% over your goal for this category.
Stop Check
You are more than 25% over your goal for this category.
Percentages
Percentages don't fill up with color as you track, but they display the caution and stop signs when you are 10% or 25% over your goal

I am Like in Fog! I thought I was doing well until I clicked on this small little button and BASH over the HEAD! I will have to start from the beginning with my food choices and try again!.. Soon or later
I am going to get this right!

[[[Show All]]] Why? did I not See this Tinny word at the left hand side that just bonked me!
000 Calories
Goal: 000 Remaining: 0
25.1 Fat (g)
96.2 Carbs (g)
Goal: 95 Remaining: 0
10.4 Fiber (g)
85.8 NETcarbs
Goal: 85 Remaining: 0
60.6 Sugar (g)
34 Protein (g)
1726 Sodium (mg)
Goal: 2200 Remaining: 474
31% Cal-Fat
Goal: 30%
53% Cal-Carb
Goal: 55%
19% Cal-Pro
Goal: 15%
Show Less

Rjaatt Replied:

Your Planned Meals: I go to them but find myself in a HUGE DELIMA! I look at the foods you provide to make my list for the day, but 90% of these meals I can never eat or I will go on a "BINGE". It has taken me many years to get this managed so I do not binge eat. I find myself now dreaming of foods I Know are not good for me on your provided list.

In your site you have brownies, Cookies, Ice creams, pizza, Microwave Dutch Apple Oatmeal that would make me go on a sugar binge for months at a time. I am very sensitive and much influenced by Messages, Pictures, and Images. So would it not be best for a "Obesity" Person to see the foods below instead of the meals you have created. Are you not here to help us win the fight for "Obesity" Weight! I would personally rather see a Fruit or Vegetable, Animal, a NUT, or OIL or Grain or Dairy item then what is given in the "YOUR PLANNED MEALS.

I have to stay out of that area for last night I started to dream of some of those foods and that "SCARES ME". One slip and I could go on to a 3 to 5 yrs. Binge! I need Healthy choices not a Cookie or Cake! If at this: Cheese Quesadilla w/ Sour Cream , I would not stop, I would eat it every day for a year! I know- I just got out of it. These simple minded foods can trigger devastation events in one's life. I could not eat this: Deluxe Burger w/ Oven Fries. I would go back to "fast food" and I have "forced" myself to "stay away" from all fast food and restaurants. I do not go to any of them not even for a sandwich.

All my foods are left for the house to prepare and cook.

Thank you for Understanding! That perhaps a Simple Menu would create a higher Success Rate!
(Would these pictures not be better then what is offered that will make a person go Binge?

Superfoods, from A to Z
Veggies from A-Z - Half Your Plate
Fruits from A-Z - Half Your Plate
HIGH PROTEIN FOODS From A-Z
Whole Grains A to Z
Dairy foods A-Z

This is how you have your site set up! So should it not be set up like this in your "Food Planner?"
(Calories, Carbs (g), Fiber (g), NETcarbs, Sugar (g), Sodium (mg), Cal-Fat, Cal-Carb, Cal-Pro).

To make your site even better than all the other on the market, I would suggest even though I am not a member that rethinking the choices that are given and the GREAT Knowledge that is provided on your site telling us to eat these A-Z Foods but are scattered among a list of "DANGER FOODS". That is storta contradictory don't you think?

I know I am questioning myself right now after 9 days on the site! I love the programs but I really "HATE" your Food Choices! So to help myself I will not enter the Food Planner until I cannot find the food I am searching for. That is my pledge to myself I cannot have another night like last night, I didn't even wake up to go walking. I just thought about all those choices and was defeated.

Thank you for understanding! And I hope at the same time you also "RETHINK" on my behalf and others who has come her to lose 5lbs or 113lb or 200+ lbs.

Rjaatt Replied:

precisionnutrition/create-the-perfect-meal-infographic

I just came across this and it has everything: Maybe it would help to make a better food choices because today I am searching for the best food choices so i can beat this "Obesity"

Rjaatt Replied:

I am noticing a lot of things today!

Like! You should not be-able to log in Chips, or brownies, or Junk food, or fast food! for you are suppose to teaching them "NOT" to eat these things, so then why? Reward them into letting them chose these items that are bad for them/ Us.

If your site only allowed "Healthy Choices" of [Fruit, Vegetables, Meat/Fish] etc, etc, then they/we would learn that these are the "Good Foods to EAT".

I am trying to find a "great combination" but it is impossible. I can not seem to find foods to make everything Goal: 25 Remaining: 0 This is hard to get in every combination! and the funny thing is, I am only using healthy choices? I will keep working on this! I will until I find the right way!

Calories, Fat (g), Carbs (g), Fiber (g), NET carbs, Sugar (g), Protein (g), Sodium (mg),
Cal-Fat, Cal-Carb, Cal-Pro

All these are needed to "LOSE WEIGHT", to LOWER FATS AND SUGARS. I have noticed. but playing with the numbers is "maddening". I even went to "Science tables for the right combinations"

Why not give 100% Combinations that equal all these out, I have been trying for 4 hrs and I still can not do it even using the best "Healthy Eating List" and it does not come out. You have to be a "Rocket Scientist" to do this! I'm frustrated but Determined to figure out a combination that gives my body everything or everyone of these with "Green Check marks".

SUCCESS! I am great with NUMBERS! I did it! it only took 6hrs but with determinations, perseverance, and tolerance. I have done it! I made the perfect meal for myself! on this plan that I set out to reach and put on or in my (Planning Home Page). a Low Calorie Diet!

Goal: 000 Remaining: 0 23.4------- Fat (g)
Goal: 25 Remaining: 0 1.00------- Carbs (g)
Goal: 95 Remaining: 0 10.6------- Fiber (g)
Goal: 10 Remaining: 0 88.2------- NETcarbs
Goal: 85 Remaining: 0 10.3------- Sugar (g)
Goal: 10 Remaining: 0 27.4------- Protein (g)
Goal: 25 Remaining: 0 2273------- Sodium (mg)
Goal: 2200 Remaining: 0

30% Cal-Fat-----Goal: 30%
56% Cal-Carb---Goal: 56%
16% Cal-Pro-----Goal: 16%

I thought I was going crazy! I really did not believe this could be done! I tried every Low Carb Healthy Meal. but BEHOLD! I was 100% wrong! This can be done with time and tolerance.

I fully apologize for thinking this site was "NUTS". on these figures but they are with in a few points right on. I stand by my words on changing the choices for Meal Plans that I think is NEEDED. we don't reward bad foods but we "Reward Good Foods" and 'Good Choices.''

Lyn Replied:

I feel it is important to track even "bad" foods because first of all, that is how we see how it affects us nutritionally but also because we are human, we are not always going to eat 100% healthy foods, sometimes we will have birthday cake or pizza and we need to be able to work these things into our daily lives and adjust around them. Nobody can have perfect numbers all the time, that is not realistic. The whole point is to learn to live a lifestyle that is healthy, makes us feel good, and that we can sustain for the rest of our lives. Too much restriction typically ends up leading to going completely off plan because nobody can do that long term. It can't be all or nothing, it has to work day to day, some days will be better than others, that's life. The numbers are just a guideline, they can't always be perfect!

Rjaatt Replied:

Your Tracked Meals: Please NOTE: This was created for my own personal health program and it is a "LOW CALORIE" Meal Plan. This is not recommended for anyone else other then myself but it was to show "Food Items" that was used in the "PLANNING" of this "PROJECT" that I chose to take on myself to make the "PERFECT" mean for MY BODY! Thank you!

[Cream Of Wheat]
Serving Size: 1 Package Servings: 0.125
Calories: 11 Fat: 0 Carbs: 2.1 Fib: 0.1 Sug: 0 Pro: 0.4 Sod: 21

[Bread Multi-Grain Omega-3] (I don't eat bread but I will in consideration to losing this weight)
Serving Size: 1 Slice Servings: 0.125
Calories: 11 Fat: 0.1 Carbs: 1.9 Fib: 0.4 Sug: 0.2 Pro: 0.6 Sod: 15

[Milk, Skim] (I don't drink milk but I will in consideration to losing this weight)
Serving Size: 1 fl oz Servings: 0.25
Calories: 2 Fat: 0 Carbs: 0.4 Fib: 0 Sug: 0.4 Pro: 0.2 Sod: 3

[Salt (Table Salt)] NOTE: They wanted a high Sodium I had "NO" Choice of the matter!
Serving Size: 1 tsp Servings: 0.75
Calories: 0 Fat: 0 Carbs: 0 Fib: 0 Sug: 0 Pro: 0 Sod: 1744

[Wrap - Roll-Up Whole Wheat Wrap]
Serving Size: 1 Wrap Servings: 0.125
Calories: 14 Fat: 0.4 Carbs: 2.1 Fib: 0.9 Sug: 0.1 Pro: 1.2 Sod: 46

[Salad Dressing, Home Recipe, Vinegar & Oil] (Oil is for Digestion of the intestine).
Serving Size: 1 tbsp Servings: 0.66
Calories: 48 Fat: 5.3 Carbs: 0.3 Fib: 0 Sug: 0.3 Pro: 0 Sod: 0

[Chicken Breast, Boneless, Skinless, Seasoned]
Serving Size: 3.5 oz Servings: 0.125
Calories: 10 Fat: 0.1 Carbs: 0.1 Fib: 0.1 Sug: 0.2 Pro: 1.9 Sod: 81

[Walnut Spinach Salad]
Serving Size: Recipe Serving Servings: 0.66
Calories: 57 Fat: 5.3 Carbs: 1.3 Fib: 3 Sug: 0 Pro: 2.6 Sod: 72

[PEANUTS, DRY ROASTED] (grind-ed up since I have no teeth)
Serving Size: .25 cup Servings: 0.25
Calories: 40 Fat: 3.2 Carbs: 1.8 Fib: 0.5 Sug: 0.2 Pro: 1.5 Sod: 45

[Tangerines, (Mandarin Oranges)] (Love them)
Serving Size: 1 Cup, Sections (6.9 oz) Servings: 0.33
Calories: 34 Fat: 0.2 Carbs: 8.6 Fib: 1.2 Sug: 6.8 Pro: 0.5 Sod: 1

[Watermelon] (Used for extra Water in my body!)
Serving Size: 1 oz Servings: 0.125
Calories: 1 Fat: 0 Carbs: 0.3 Fib: 0 Sug: 0.2 Pro: 0 Sod: 0

[Yogurt, Plain, Fat Free] (Hate Yogurt) but for the sake of this "TEST". I will spoon it!
Serving Size: 6 oz Servings: 0.125
Calories: 10 Fat: 0 Carbs: 1.5 Fib: 0 Sug: 1.5 Pro: 1 Sod: 16

[Broccoli with Melted Cheese] Made with - Kraft Shredded Fat Free Cheddar Cheese (sprinkle-on)
Serving Size: Main Dish Servings: 0.5
Calories: 80 Fat: 4.5 Carbs: 5.5 Fib: 2.5 Sug: 0 Pro: 6 Sod: 112

[Rice; White, Boiled]
Serving Size: 1 cup Servings: 1.25
Calories: 322 Fat: 0.2 Carbs: 72 Fib: 2 Sug: 0.2 Pro: 5.4 Sod: 6

[Sargento String Cheese Snack Park Skim Mozzarella Low Sodium] To make the numbers only!
Serving Size: 1 Piece Servings: 1
Calories: 60 Fat: 4 Carbs: 1 Fib: 0 Sug: 0 Pro: 6 Sod: 110
mark I did it!

Rjaatt Replied:

Lyn: I can not disagree but I don't have to agree either, I have been on this long journey for so many years like 50yrs, I say 50 only because I started gaining weight at 5 yrs old. by 10yrs old I was 125.lb by 18 yrs old I was 158lbs. by the end of my 30's I was 200lbs and hitting 50's 300lbs. The weight and the choices, the win some lose some is not a factor for me any longer. I can not play RusĀ·sian rouĀ·lette with my life. I have to break down my foods, to determine the best for myself.
I want to succeed and if that takes breaking down foods and trying to see if it helps me lose weight other then Pills, or Fad diets, or Surgery?

I am glad that you and others can pick and chose and not fall off the seat! But the moment I put that pizza in my mouth or think of it, I am doomed to eating the entire pizza all 12 slices with in 2hrs. I don't have "LIMITS". I have tired, but they don't work with me. My own self control is making sure "I don't cross that line."

Maybe when I get 3 or 15yrs in, but after being a smoker (smoke free 24yrs),(drinker free- (22yrs -Chip), (etc. 28yrs -chip). I have a "compulsive behavior". As you all can see! or you can call it Determination! Either way I am not alone!

I understand what you are saying, but for the other 1/4 of us or JUST ME! I feel your concept of reality is for a "LONG JOURNEY!" I don't have! I have Alzheimer's Stage 2# - I have four to eight years after diagnosis (2 yrs ago), but can live as long as 20 years, depending on other factors. I am pushing for the 20yrs. (Other factors, diet and exercise). Add OIL into diet!

I know just for myself! I can never think that way! Just like smoking, I can't just have it on a holiday or a vacation. NOPE! This means I can "NEVER EVER- FOR ANY REASON" Have it!. This also means, I can never eat Chocolate! The moment I touch this, it sends me into a Frenzy and I start to eat and crave and become compulsive all over again. I can eat all my food in one day! over 5,000+-Calories. All because of this [One Cocoa bean!] Food Substance!. The smell of it, the look of it, will encourage me to go on a 2months binge if I am lucky!. ... I don't know if you can understand this? Because it is what I have to live through! The suffering is worse then a walking with a devil.

Lyn Replied:

I understand.

Rjaatt Replied:

Thank you very much!

and I understand your theory also. I will have to work up to that "Level" or "Tolerance".

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.