JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Just Started! Love this PLACE!

Rjaatt

I'm excited! I have 113lbs to Drop!

Lyn Replied:

Welcome Rjaatt! So glad you joined us, you are going to love it here!

Gwen Replied:

Lovely to see you Rjaatt, welcome! This is a great site!

jenny Replied:

Yup, I love it too

Angela Replied:

one pound at a time Rjatt. Every day you do something toward your goal is a win!! We're all with you and cheering you on!

Rjaatt Replied:

Thank you!
Today I had Courage! I left my house walked 2 blocks up and Jogged 2 blocks down, I am 56yrs old and 278lbs.

Alicia Replied:

Welcome!

This is a great site. All the tools are amazing!

GiGi Replied:

Welcome, Rjatt! I'm so glad that you got out and walked/ran just for yourself. Now you are on a great adventure and we're so glad to walk it with you! God Bless!

Rjaatt Replied:

Hi, GiGi, I lived in Oklahoma Stillwater, "past tense" not no more kids are grown and graduated from OSU! We lived in Stillwater from 2000 to 2010. I worked in the pre-schools and later opened up my own day care.

Thank you all for your kindness!

Trina Replied:

Welcome and hello. Great to see new faces.

Rjaatt Replied:

Thank you all for supporting me, we all need it. I am just loving this place, it is the best one I have been on so far. My daughter put me on a few in the last 5 yrs but non of them was for me too complicated. One was on the cellphone, I had to log in all my food and if I missed a day, which I miss many days, it starts all over and that "TICKED ME OFF". . One i spent more time searching for food them ever filling anything out it wasted so much time and I was frustrated so I deleted. The other one was to high-tech for my ability to use it was like? You had to be a Robot to understand what was being said!

I am on Day 4 and I am happy, and I feel happy, and I look happy that is the diffrents between them and this place, it makes you want to come back and fill out the information, and read, and write, and drink that water and get on that bike or go outside and concur a fear.

Next Goal: "GO OUTSIDE DURING THE LIGHT HOURS" Daytime, Evening around 5pm or 6pm maybe 7pm now I am getting into the dark again. I will do that today! I will go outside before it hits dark. Sad how I am so fearful for "PEOPLE" to see me! Such a FEAR! I would rather hide in my room then be seen by the world or a stranger who could pass judgment and make a horrid comment. "That was a fat women." I don't want to hear that! But I will not hide any longer!

Lyn Replied:

Or maybe that stranger is thinking...look at that beautiful woman!

Lin Replied:

If you just knew, others are so busy with their own thoughts, mostly they probably don't even notice..
Welcome home to this great, very Supportive place

Rjaatt Replied:

I would like to believe they don't see me, but in Spanish when 2 guys in front of their home on the road near their cars are saying : Buenos días, hablas español, eres una vieja mujer gorda. I think I am being spoken too. I can't speak it but I do have ears and the cell phone can translate the worlds. LOL the diffrents is at 5pm they can see me and I can see them as I am walking down the street. Even though my scarf covers my face and my log shirt covers my body I am still a human walking out in the world. I can not be invisible for ever.

But a few at 4:30am who are getting ready for their morning jobs have said "Hello" and I did reply by saying have a great day! Well my time is up it is 6:08am and the Sun Will be Smiling on me soon! Have a Most Wonderful Morning.

Anna Replied:

Good Morning everyone. Happy April! Rjaatt, you are very clear with your thoughts and feelings and I believe this will push you towards a positive outcome. Your fear of going outside is a believe more common that most of us realize. I live in the Arctic every winter and I have only been outside 7 times in just over 5 months.

I believe that I know what caused my desire to hide inside and I have looked inside myself to see if I could move past "the door of it. You may lol and think that it is obvious --- because it is winter and you don't want to be cold silly. But it is something that I have always battled, I like the four walls that I create around me. They do not even have to be my home --- only where I am staying. Something like the weight I have around my body.... It is comfortable. It is safe. One becomes vulnerable to feelings when we go outside, share ourselves with our surroundings. I do believe that we build the walls --- so we must remove them and I am being helped because I see you helping yourself.

I know what caused me to stay in this last time... it has to do with dogs and my love for them. It a long story but my cure was to get my own little puppy while I am working in the Arctic and I am going to take her out today. I went skidooing "on the land" last weekend and totally enjoyed it. One could not imagine the freedom I felt. Miles and miles of white hills with no tracks or footprints. I did not go out again and its 7 days later but I am going to try and go out every day this week. There is a green dot challenge on. If I go out, I will give myself a green dot day.

Welcome to SYD and thank you for sharing. Enjoy opening the door today! And tomorrow! I will try to do the same. I am also going to try and let go of some of my body covering as well.... and that would not be a jacket but a lb.... lol.

Cindy H. Replied:

Welcome! And kudos and high fives to EVERYONE who is facing their fears! Rjaatt what a gift you are giving yourself before you turn 60!! The gift of health!

Anna, a puppy! what fun! Sometimes this winter (OK I'm in Michigan which isn't nearly winter like you know) but my dogs were the only thing that got me outside. And what I try to remember is that I always felt better after going outside. What kind of puppy??

Rjaatt Replied:

Today is week 2# I have gone from 287 to 269 in a week but I had a lot of fat and it is just sweating out of my body. Its sorta gross but my thighs leak. I could not figure out where all the water was coming from and it was my thighs how funny. I am getting into shorts from a size 24 to 22. I didn't know that ONE week of walking and exercising, riding a stationery bike at home and glider would make such a differences I guess I didn't put the dots together. Drinking water has helped, and adding carbs and fats to my normal eating has made a huge difference. Staying on schedules is a gift. But the best part is being responsible and coming her every day to check in even if it is to help me understand things about myself I refuse to accept! I am over weight! extremely over weight, I am obese and I did this to myself with out anyone's help, I allowed it too happen and I am the only one that can fix it. Why do I want to fix this after all these years, because I have to stop being afraid of being hurt by others. I have to accept I am a human and only I can change my life!

Cindy H. Replied:

Rjaatt you are making great progress! I'm so proud of you!

Rjaatt Replied:

Cindy H. Thank you very much! This is my life! and for 56yrs I have being living it. The first 18yrs was controlled by my "MOTHER/ FATHER/ AND GRANDMOTHER". Then it became my life, I lived on a box of cereal dry with water. homeless in my car. Then I went to my grandmothers got gourmet' food. Healthy Norwegian/ Swedish foods. Then I got married and had 2 kids. From that day forward my mother in law taught me the 50's cooking. Extra helpings any one, fill up that plate, your not done have another scoop of "LOVE".

Then the kids became College Kids and Fast-food, Quick foods, Snacking!, Then Grandchild -Autism- Eat Healthy Greens!. Since then life was veggies and fruits. But a change happens and my adult daughter met a (Girl name Windy) $4 for 4 items meal fast-food addict. And my entire live went to hell. But 5 yrs later I have taken it back! I refuse to eat any fast food or junk food. I hate being 300lbs now down to 168lbs today! Thank you!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.