JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

100 MORE Days Day 58 Sunday

Jeanne- CE!

Day 58: Grieve Your Progress

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

An interesting one today. Now that I think about it, moving 1100 miles away from my Biofam was the single best decision of my life, but I did grieve moving away from people and places that I loved. As I made wellness progress and changed my health for the better, I did lose some comfortable habits, favorite places, and even a few people along the way. After arriving at goal weight, I actually had a long time friend who is obese tell me that she missed the old Jeanne. I never imagined that living a lifestyle committed to wellness would trigger these reactions from family and friends, but while their words were hurtful to me, they were reacting to their own insecurities. The joyous part that continues to evolve is that I am now surrounded by more loving, upbeat, wonderful, and supportive people that I could have ever imagined. So it is always worth doing whatever needs to be done in the name of true wellness, regardless of anyone else's words or actions.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I needed this one today. Not for the weight loss aspects but it is looking like we will be moving before long and I am not at all excited about this. I have definitely been grieving my progress. Love the term. As for the weight aspect, I really don't grieve any of it because it all made me feel like crap. I feel so much better the way I eat now.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

When I lost all my weight a few years back some people were rude to me. A few asked if I was sick and some said you are to skinny now and became almost rude to me. I was the same person just healthier. Some family members only acknowledged that I lost weight when I was done. These people are all heavy and need to lose weight. I agree with Jeanne that it's people's own insecurities. Now that I'm heavy again I'm worth talking to again. That is why you have to do it for yourself and that is why I like coming to my friends here, you always make me feel welcomed no matter the number on the scale.

Tyme4me Replied:

Different life experiences with the grief cycle which surfaced from crisis to crisis as the crazy cycle caused yo-yo dieting as my former way of handling stress but it got me through when needed. Learned to not use food but to get real with my feelings and deal with the pain instead of covering it up and burying it with temporary pleasure like food.

Lyn💛 Replied:

When I had my big loss I had some genuine compliments and some backhanded compliments. A lot of people really don't like to see other people succeed.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.