JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Keto and low carb people:

Jeanne- CE!

Do any of you have a link or a website recommendation for your favorite savory bread recipes? I make an almond flour paleo loaf that I like, but am always looking for good recipes that aren't too spongy and can be used in sandwiches. Thanks!

Anna Replied:

oh my.... do you mean that there I such a thing? I have been simply staying completely away from all things bread?

kc Replied:

On the left>recipes>breakfast. Second page of breakfast has my favorite Ketotastic Seed and Nut Butter Bread. It doesn't rise much and is very dense but I love it for toast, grilled cheese, or just to spread a garlic cream cheese spread. Type of nut butter and seeds doesn't really matter. I never make it the same twice.

https://heelsandspices.com/

kc Replied:

Another favorite Keto site is
https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/category/Recipes

Martina has several different Bread and cracker recipes and it is all free on her blog link.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Thanks, keto queen kc!

Denise Replied:

Thanks for the information. I'm starting low carb again and can always use variety

kc Replied:

How many carbs do you try to hold to each day? Do you track total or net carbs? I have gotten really lazy and have not been tracking at all for several months. Just guessing. And we all know what a slippery slope that can be. So beginning today, I am back to tracking. Thinking I will try for 20 net but would be flexible to 30. Your thoughts?

Gwen Replied:

Most days I am on 20 net grams of carbs which gives me wiggle room for the days when 'life happens'. So my flexibility comes on days when away from home or eating out.

Cindy H. Replied:

With the Wheat Belly program you aim for 15 carbs per 6 hour time period ... with a total of 45 for the day. I don't track much right now since most of what I'm eating doesn't have much carb count in it other than veggies and fruit.

Sharron (Slimrider) Replied:

I use a mix Jeanne - sorry! It is by Sukrin and very seedy and delicious. I have tried so many versions and recipes but always go back to my Josephs pittas and Sukrin bread mix!

Sharron (Slimrider) Replied:

I manage very well on 30. I often end up closer to 20 but allow up to 30. I haven't found much difference for myself between 20-30 but of course everyone is different, if anything I have a "sweet spot" at 30 and lose very well at that with no side effects or loss of energy but I have to very careful as if I go much over I start to crave and stall.

Anna Replied:

Can someone talk to us about net carbs please versus straight up carbs and how does one count them in either form? Does it get tallied for us here on syd somehow? I am curious as I am trying to go lower in my carb in take. Thanks.

Gwen Replied:

Anna, I can only give a partial answer. Net carbs are total carbs minus fiber. It is that simple. I aim for net carbs and have got used to that. I don't know if SYD has a chart that works it our for you. I use cronometer.com and find it works out net carbs for me if I simply log in what I eat.

Lin Replied:

Thanks for your info Gwen. Do you log your food in SYD also? I really love this program but am struggling to enter my Keto eating here for some reason

Lin Replied:

This is one of the boards I wish we could revive -- very helpful for us trying to get back on low carb

flower Replied:

Thanks so much for the info on carbs because after a #7 loss in 27 days on Keto diet it seems I have loss of energy , cravings and have stalled . cronometer here Ie. According to SYD I should keep my calorie intake / day @ 1200 so I log my food on this site to keep myself on track .
You all are a great inspiration !!
Today I am frying up salmon patties containing salmon, egg, grated lemon rind, fresh chopped dill, grated onion and a dab of mayo.)
Increased health to all !!

Lin Replied:

Sounds yummy

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.