JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Hair conditioner!

Gwen

Who would have thought that plain old coconut oil would condition hair so well. I read about it and thought I would try it. Put three teaspoons of coconut oil into a cup and gently melt it (while you are washing your hair) by putting the cup inside a bowl with some boiling water in it.

Towel dry your hair and then rub the coconut oil into your scalp. Wrap your hair into a towel and leave it for an hour. Here is the key - do not eat anything while your hair takes in the goodness of the oil.

Wash out the coconut oil and dry as normal. Your hair will be absolutely soft and in the best condition.

Pinkdream Replied:

Thanks for the tip! Would not of thought of that!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I'm going to try that out.Thanks Gwen!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Larry uses it for a skin softner too. i have capsules and think i will use that.

then Lyn Replied:

Coconut oil is good for all kinds of things! Thank you for the reminder, I haven't done this in a long time and I think my hair could use a good condition treatment. Coconut oil is good stuff!

Denise Replied:

Thanks! I am going to have to give this a go.

Jackie Replied:

My hair is so oily to begin with that I can't even use conditioners at all.

Shari (CE) Replied:

Thanks for the tip!

Theresa Replied:

I cook my food in it, spread it on toast, put it in smoothies (melted first) , put it on dry skin, put it on my nails and feet, bake with it, and use it on my hair. It's good stuff, I have a stock pile in my cupboard as I buy up when it's on sale.

Gwen Replied:

Theresa, that is amazing!

Michelle Replied:

Why can't I eat???

linda Replied:

i knew about it but had not tried it. i use it also for hand lotion and it works great for dry skin.

Tick Tock Replied:

I don't even know what coconut oil is but would love to try it in my hair! Is it in a grocery store or a health food store? Just curious...

Gwen Replied:

Either store Tick Tock. I actually buy mine in an Asian store in a jar and it can be used for all sorts of things, as others have said. It is thought to be really healthy.

Gwen Replied:

I now buy coconut oil in Costco. It is organic too!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.