JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Scottish Oatcakes

Gwen

Oatcakes by Gwen

6 cups porridge oats, 1 teaspoon baking powder, one cup of coconut oil melted in a jug by adding one cup of boiled water. Add the water and oil to the dry ingredients and stir until blended. Add more water until the oats are damp but not soaked. Roll out on a board with some oats on it to about one quarter of an inch thick and cut into rounds with a cutter or squares with a knife. Place on trays and put into a cool oven 160 deg C/ 300 deg F. They are to be dried out not cooked or burnt. Mine take around 40-60 minutes but every oven is different. Honestly these are delicious and should be crisp after they cool. You can turn them upside down half way through to get even drying and they should feel hard but not brittle when they come out of the oven.

Try them and see if you like them. You can also use oatmeal and can add toasted sesame seeds - dry toast them in a pan for a few minutes. You can cut these in Christmas shapes for gifts. Let me know how you get on!

Denise Replied:

Thank you so much for the recipe. I am looking forward to trying them. I appreciate you posting this too.

then Lyn Replied:

When I get time, I am going to try this. Thanks Gwen!

Pinkdream Replied:

Thanks Gwen!

Theresa Replied:

Thanks Gwen. Will try the this weekend.

Shirley Replied:

Thanks so much! They have always sounded so good!

Gwen Replied:

Oatmeal is a fantastic product. I use it in all sorts of things!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.