JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Workout DVD's

I was just wondering what DVD's everyone is using when they can't get to a gym. Right now I can't afford a gym membership and my Aunt took me off hers (long story), but that is fine. I am walking more so that is good but I need a bit more I think. I have a small and I mean small apartment. Sooooo was hoping that I could reach out for some ideas. I always have a hard time with discouragement, when I can only get the warm up done of the workouts. I want something that I can stick to and get results. I know that the Leslie Sansone DVD's work for me. I just was thinking of other ones. Thanks in advance everyone.

Pinkdream Replied:

I use the Leslie Sansone and the WW ones. They have a boxing one that I love. I am not sure you can get the WW on town though.

Michelle Replied:

Maybe consider getting a variety from the library to ease the boredom and monotany of the same dvd. I used to do buns of steel - and i loved it but to this day I can recite all his jokes by hart...LOL...."people will notice you coming AND people will notice you going!"

Cindy H. Replied:

I think trying some from the library is a great idea to see if you like them. I have Power 90 (the precursor to P90X) and I really like it. I also have a great pilates for dummies that I like --

If you like lifting hand weights, Body for Life (bodyforlife.com) has a great program and it's all online for free at their website.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Thanks guys. I just got my library card for here in Erie. I will take you guys up on that to check out what I like.

Thanks to Stacie (silver computer) she has 2 DVD's that she doesn't use anymore and she is going to send them to me.

Jilly Replied:

A business colleague highly recommended Nia.... I haven't tried it myself but thought I'd throw it out there. Here is a link...

http://www.nianow.com/

Michelle Replied:

Yay for you Sheena - let us know if you find one you like

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I have the most evil hardcore DVD. It's Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred. It's 20 minutes of hell It really does work, though!

The fact there's 3 different levels means you can progress at your own pace, and you only need space to lie down in really. And some weights

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I have the 30 day shred and 30 day shred with weights, they are killers, lol.. my 7 year old likes doing them. I havent worked my way up to her yet. I have a Bob one also, but the fact its an hour long scares me, I think its for when you are in a little better shape.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Anything from Beach Body is great...I use several of those! Also Zumba and KettleWorx.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Zumba is awesome! How can you resist shaking your bum to that music?

kc Replied:

I love Zumba classes. I looked at the dvd's so that when I can't make it to class I can still Zumba, but omgosh, the cost! Those of you that have the Zumba dvd's which did you buy?

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.