JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Troubles creating plans

Hi
I'm a newbie, and trying to work my way around all this, particularly the meal plans to start with... but that's just it, I don't seem to have much selection on recipes etc and I can't work out how to add new recipes or can I even do that? All in all, just really lost. Please help.
Thanks
LizE

Gwen Replied:

Good morning Liz and welcome to SYD. I know someone will help you with your question, I just wanted to say hello and welcome!

Alison Replied:

Hi! Glad to have you with us.

then Lyn Replied:

Welcome! Poke around the site and you will find it is really very user friendly. There is a lot of stuff so it may seem overwhelming at first but it won't take you long to figure it all out, if you have any questions just ask and someone will be able to help.
As for a meal plan, you will need to figure out what works for you. We all do something different, what works for me may not work for you. I suggest the first thing you do is start logging all of your food, really be honest and log everything and you will start to see where you need to start. I know that was a real eye opener for me.
Good luck, I hope this helps a little!

Shari (CE) Replied:

Welcome to SYD - Like Lyn said, log what you're eating now to get a starting point. Then the goal is to exercise more and eat less When I first started logging my food I noticed that Starbucks ate up half my calories for the day so I had to put an end to that
Take baby steps... every healthy change you make will add up to a healthier you!

Pinkdream Replied:

Welcome! You can add recipes under the Learn&Share/Diet Recipe Exchange. You can add a recipe there and also make it your favorite so it shows up on your list. And if you go to Diet Planner/meal planner you can find some suggests for the meals there. Just click on the breakfast or whatever meal.

As the others have said this site has lots to offer so give yourself a bit of time to learn everything.

Ev Replied:

If you give us some ideas of what your food plan is like (low carb, low calorie, vegetarian or? . . .) and if you have any food allergies or strong preferences, maybe some of us can give you some ideas or share recipe links. Also, can you cook for just yourself or do you have to consider family when you cook too?

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Welcome! Just take your time and look at the blue tabs on top . Hit the Learn & Share Tab and you will see your first 5 days there. and recipes. The one I stay on the most is Track Your Diet. And the blue Tab Diet planning can tell you the programs. Just take your time and in a few days you will be a pro. Good luck!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Hi everyone, thank you for your encouragement.
The problem I have is that I need to switch to low-carb foods and all my cooking skills are centred around flour, potatoes, pasta etc etc. Insulin resistance is the worry for me.
I do a lot of things from scratch so being in the kitchen doesn't phase me.
I'm feeding a family of five and on a shoe string budget. I have the ability to grow my own vege's but nothing is 'fruiting' right now.
Pointing me to some recipes would be great thank you Ev.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I went to the recipe exchange and clicked the favourites button, but now not sure where to find the favourites or how to add to a meal plan. help?

Val V. Replied:

Welcome to SYD. I think for favorites those will be the recipes, foods, meals, etc. that you add to your personal favorites list.

Denise Replied:

I wonder if you checked out the CleanEater's Club Discussion Thread. When you look at this reply, you will notice a blue WEB LINK on the right hand side. Click on the WEB LINK and it will take you to that page.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.