JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Want to Give Up Trigger Foods?

Amber

I was just wondering, would we like to put a group together that would support each other while we did two weeks of "no trigger foods"? I really believe getting rid of trigger foods is the first step of gaining control of your eating. I posted a blog about my personal opinion on this issue, but as I wrote the blog, I wondered if others would like to commit to two weeks without your "trigger foods" to help break your food addictions? Any takers???

Shari (CE) Replied:

Count me in I need to give up ice cream

Karen Replied:

Count me in...

Peanut butter, 100 calorie snacks like Lorna Doone cookies...

Most of mine are bad habits, like eating after 9...working on that.

Amber Replied:

Oh... peanut butter is one of mine too!

Jackie Replied:

I don't think I can right now; I've given up all my trigger foods altogether on this new eating plan. Maybe later when I start adding some carbs back and I see what my trigger foods are. lol

Tami Replied:

You can count me in. I am going to say for me the one's I have been struggling with these past 2 weeks are cookie dough (from the refrigerator at work...there are 2 gigantic grocery bags full of the stuff sitting in there!!!) and chocolate.

Alissa ~ Half-Marathoner now looking to trim up and banish these extra 20# Replied:

I'm in!! I am a sugaraholic...and I am starting a cleanse on Saturday...no wheat, no sugar and no dairy for 10 days soooooo GREAT TIMING!!

Amber Replied:

Alright ladies, let's go through our fridges and pantry, and TROW AWAY your trigger foods. Yup, either you will eat them, or the trash can eat them. Yeah, I know, food cost a lot, but how much would you spend to lose weight? Probably a lot more than your food is worth!

Let's detox!!!

@Tami... can you get rid of that cookie dough at work? Maybe give it to a church for a bake sale???

Mary Replied:

Count me in. Mine are sugar, which I need to cut way back on and soda, which I need to give up completely. I think if I could get a handle on these 2 triggers once and for all, I would have a much better time losing weight and the cravings would either go away or at least lessen.

Tami Replied:

I wish I could get rid of the cookie dough! They buy it on purpose. We have Otis Spunkmeyer cookie ovens on each floor. They bake them for meetings and just because....

Amber Replied:

That is just mean!!!!!

Karen Replied:

Tami I need to add cookie dough to my forbidden list but like peanut butter, I couldn't resist so it's not in the house. Can't imagine it being at work each day.

Sharon VA Replied:

So far I have been hanging tough with avoiding bread, cookies, chips, and related items.
I can't have cookie dough hanging around either. Tami, your work sounds like a dieter's purgatory!!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I have so many trigger foods, I don't think I could list them all!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

(charlotte) Count ME in!!

Donna Replied:

This is a good one to bring back at the top of the board.
I'm in!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I think this is a great idea ! So this is Sept 3 ,2013

For me it is Junk food. I say good by to you because all you have done for me is make me sick and you keep playing with my emotions and my weight. You are no longer my best friend and there for I no longer need you.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I've banned soda and snack foods from the house. It was replaced with water, unsweetened icetea, granola bars and greek yogurt treats. So far so good....

Sandy Replied:

I've never tasted cookie dough... it just doesn't appeal to me, which is good considering my grandkids call me cookie grandma cause I bake cookies so often. Mine is cheese... I am awful about cheese. Sweets aren't so hard.

Sandy Replied:

How was this top on my posts when it says everyone responded 17,414 days ago? What's with that? That would make it like 47 years ago!!!

Cindy H. Replied:

Haha, Sandy! It must mean it's meant to be revisited. I think it's a good idea to really focus on trigger foods!

Princess L Replied:

Count me in. For me the trigger food is any free food in the conference room at the office. All the resolve goes out the window. So, for the next 2 weeks no office food.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.