JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

100 day challenge--- Day 1 I used to be that way----

Denice

Make a list of any fears or negative behaviors that have hurt your weight-loss success in the past. Read each one out loud, and then say, "I used to be that way, but now I'm different."
Then write new endings for them by completing this sentence: I used to ________ (fill in your old behavior), but now I ________ (write in your new ending).
Read these new outcomes often, and then live in a way that makes them true.

This is my restart of my diet.... Fears and negative behaviors hurt when I lost my Dad. I started eating everything and not monitoring/portion control of my intake. Grief will make you do the unexpected. I used to not measure and record what I was eating and how much I was exercising but now I am giving it my all and will record daily my diet and exercise.

I use to withdraw and hold in my emotions on situations (then reach for the candy bar for comfort) but now I am going to open up to my blog and wrte out my feelings, I will even become bold enough to share them with others.

Yes these are two biggies but I know that I have regained 4 to 6 lbs of my original weight loss due to the grief that I have been feeling. It is time to restart and regroup to becoming a healthier and stronger me. I can do it....

Jackie Replied:

I'm happy that you are back on board. I know what you mean about not recording that getting off track. Recordng and blogging make me more accountable. I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Good luck!

Pinkdream Replied:

Recording and measuring are such an important key to keeping it off...so glad you are back on track!

Pam Replied:

I would love to do this with you

I use to blame others
I use to give in ..........(still working on that one) it was easier to just give in then say no I need to have this to eat
I use to be afraid of what others think.........working on that one
I use to be angry and eat for the anger...........now I at least see it and I am working on what I can change

I use to set unrealistic goal for others and myself now I will be thank-ful for what I can do
and find othere ways to understand others and work with them

Shirley Replied:

Denice, you really can do it and you will. I can hear your determination in your words. Journeying through grief takes considerable time--be gentle with yourself along the way. Sharing with others will surely help. Congrats on getting back on track.

Cindy W Replied:

It was last year since I did the 100 days Challenge. It think I would love to do it again.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.