JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

ECD Recipe 9/1 - "MY EAT-CLEAN OATS"/Lisa

Lisa as Intended (CE)

This recipe is on page 69 of the "Eat-Clean Diet- Recharged". I really like this and am going to make it a staple breakfast of mine. Finding local fresh bee pollen became a little more of a challenge than going to Whole Foods, which had bee pollen, however it is important to me to have it from a local "grower" as a big point in consuming it is to assist in building immunity to local allergens. Soooo...I'm already not following recipes (an issue with me, giggles), however, this was very yummy with soymilk, ground flax seeds, fresh blueberries, vanilla, and a tsp of agave nectar. It was suggested to eat lean protein so I boiled eggs to have the eggs whites, gave Dudley, my daughter's boxer the yolk, and then stared at the eggs whites. I eat an egg occasionally...it is mostly why I do not claim to eat "vegan"...and the yolk is my favorite part in my egg sandwhiches! I call me strange, however, I'm adaptive...I diced the egg white up as fine as possible and mixed them with the oatmeal! Kinda like tofu...they take on the flavor of what they are cooked with, hahahah! If was yummy and about the only way I'll be able to eat whites without having a gag reflex, FOR NOW! Part of loving myself to health is surrounding myself with beauty and taking the time to ENJOY it; I'm going to treat myself like I would a guest at my meal times by setting the table with pretty dishes and assessories. I really enjoyed starting MY DAY eating MY EAT-CLEAN OATS!

User Photo

Diane Replied:

Looks good....My hubby raises bees, so I have local honey but I need him to get the bee pollen traps so I can have local bee pollen

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Very nice looking brekky Lisa

Cindy H. Replied:

Love the egg holder!

Lori Replied:

looks delicious!

Shirley Replied:

Looks yummy! I love the egg holder, too. Very cute...

Lisa as Intended (CE) Replied:

@Diane: Lucky Girl! I'm still searching. The book says to start with a couple of granuals of bee pollen a day if there is any sensitivity to it and build from there.
I love my little eggie holders too...got them to hold Easter Eggs one year...

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Looks delicious!

Lisa, where did you find ground flaxseed...or do you grind it yourself?

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

how beautiful and 'luscious looking'

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Okay, I made Tosca's Oatmeal today...and honestly, it'll take some time for me to get used to it. I'll try to stick with it although I wasn't too fond of it...it just wasn't sweet and flavorful enough for me (I'm used to the instant oatmeal packages). I did sweeten it with a bit of agave nectar, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference.
Maybe I'll try honey tomorrow...

Diane Replied:

Tina, I had the oats today. I am used to flavorful oatmeal, so I added unsweetened vanilla almond milk and the blueberries along with agave nectar. It was pretty good. I think you have to find flavoring to make it more like you are used to..Honey would probably be a good option.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Tina...try sucanat. It smells like molasses...just a bit makes your oatmeal taste like it has brown sugar in it.

@Tina: I thought I replied to your flaxseed question but don't see it here, so I apologize for the delay. I practically LIVE at Whole Foods Market, so that is where I get most of my foods. Remember to refridgerate the flaxseed as well for it to keep longer, as with any oil based food it can go rancid and become toxic. Get 'cold-milled' whenever possible. You can buy whole flaxseed and grind it as well, which may be even CLEANer (kinda like grinding your own coffee beans fresh), however I have a bag of course ground flax and finely ground flax, so I'll consider purchasing a grinder when those are consumed.

kc Replied:

I live out in the sticks. So some of these foods are hard for me to come by. I have shop through amazon-vitamin shoppe for whole faxseed, raw wheat germ, powdered milk, and spirulina. It usually only takes 2 to 4 days for delivery and that beats driving an hour and a half to Whole Foods. The brown UPS truck is very familiar with my long driveway.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I really wish we had a Whole Foods near us! There is one that is about a 40 minute drive from us...towards Toronto which could turn into over an hour unfortunately. I'm going to stop there the next time I go through though. We do have a great health food store within a 20 minute drive though called Goodness Me so that really helps. Sorry to hijack...I just get a bit green with envy when I see everyone posting about Whole Foods.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

My closest Whole Foods is 90 minutes away... ...so I might have to try an online store.

Thanks for your suggestions on sweetening the oatmeal and the flaxseed question!

The nearest Whole Foods (or Trader Joe's) is 45minutes from my house and I go a minimum of twice a week. It is so worth it to me, and I love the atmosphere and energy of the market. I always plan to do my other shopping, dr. appts., etc. when I go into the "big city" too, so it's a multi-tasking trip to save gas, as well as I eat lunch at the Whole Foods salad bar when there. I take my reuseable bags and an ice chest with me, just in case I get stuck in traffic or am unable to go directly home after shopping...this has saved my groceries twice now! Something to consider for those who have to make a drive to get your food. Many food chains are catching on, at least in the west and carrying organic foods and produce, ie. VON's, and Safeway, although not always as fresh. I purchase my Organic Unsweetened Silk Soymilk and organic free-range hen eggs at our local Walmart that is only 15minutes from my house and it saves me a little, but not much more money. Once you start using these foods, you'll notice them in other places or ask your local market to start carrying them...it never hurts to ask!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.