JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! WHY DO I DO THAT?

Ok, feeling sad today. and here it is..went to work, packed my nice meal, staying in my points...and then someone brings something in, I dont even like it, its yucky...but everyone is back there eating it..and then so am I. Not once but twice. Then there is the brownies with frosting.....I hate brownies with frosting....but I find myself eating them with a cup of coffee, laughing and talking with the group.....then I get in am and am sad. I worked so hard all week. I was having good success, I was in control....and then I wasnt, and I get so mad at myself. AHHHHH, then BOOO HOOOO. and by the way they were all skinny, eating this stuff, like it melts right off...WHY do I do that?

Shannon Replied:

Kim ... you were good all week, and you had 1 day where you over-indulged?
I'd say that is a successful week!
Remember - everything in moderation. True, you over-moderation'ed what you had, but remember that for next time. Don't think you have to avoid it all week, but rather allow yourself to have small portions!
It'll help you from over-doing it!
Tomorrow is a new day ... and you've got the rest of today to be good!
Keep it up!

Peggy Replied:

Shake it off. Today is another day, and you learned something. You are a person who goes along with the group. You will need to develop coping skills for group eating. What are they? Everyone has different ones. You will find what works for you. This morning at church the cutest little 6 year old was handing out Jesus Birthday cake. I retreated to the farthest corner of the room clutching my coffee cup. Lots of folks between me and this cutie. He was about to leave, his duties done, when his dad spotted me...leaned over and said, You missed Ms. Gasow... I'm going No No thank you. Dad pushed. I had to refuse 3 times! ARRGH. I hate saying no to kids, but I did it. So you see, my method is to hide!! Clutch the coffee/tea/water and don't make eye contact until the potential disaster has passed.

Shari (CE) Replied:

So you wandered off the narrow path.....Your SYD GPS says make the first U turn and you will be right back on track. Healthy choices add up so hang in there.....you can do it!!

Denise Replied:

I wonder if it would help you to think of the following: You don't know that is the only thing those skinny people had to eat in days and perhaps even weeks. You don't know who amongst those skinny people makes a quick trip to the restroom for some hand-to-mouth elimination. If you were "staying within your points" then I am assuming you follow the WW plan. If that's the case, did you forget about your Flex Points? Chances are you didn't want to use many or any but isn't it nice to know you have that little extra insurance. Okay so maybe you won't lose that day but keep with your points and your program and you will still lose some.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Kim, you had a great week- then you had a set up but that's okay. You can and will get back on track. Try not to be too hard on yourself.

jenny Replied:

Kim
I dont think there is one of us here who has not behaved in exactly that way. I certainly have. All any of us can do is to learn the lesson and move on. It will happen again, it always does. The most important thing to do is get back on the straight and narrow and keep moving forward. Have a great week ahead

deb Replied:

Kim ~ not to worry! Like someone else said, you were good ALL WEEK, this won't hurt you that much. I think it sounds like you liked the socialization as much (if not more) than the food! Maybe next time, go ahead and go in with everyone but sip on your coffee, tea or water! When they bug you to have "just a little", say "in a bit"...."not just yet"...."later"...and hopefully, "later" won't come! Hang in there!

Gwen Replied:

Kim, you let us know, you want to be accountable, and no doubt you have learned from it. Pick yourself up and you'll soon regain the ground!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Take a deep breath tomarrow is another day . We all have bad days , but we learn from them and move on .

Tami Replied:

It doesn't matter how many times you fall -- what matters is how many times you pick yourself up afterwards!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I agree we have all been there and done it. Just shake it off and start fresh. I love brownies with frosting and I'd have a really tough time saying no, its tough when you are in a group situation.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Kim,

Someone is bound to bring something like that to work again. Do you have a plan for next time?
Diane

pickles a smaller me Replied:

that one day won't hurt you,may fool your system to keep loosing .

Jean Replied:

You sound very much in control to me. I did the same thing. I watched my intake all week, then we went grocery shopping Saturday and I took my 12 year old son. Came home with potato chips, cookies, beef sticks with cheese, and more cookies. Guess who had a few snacks before midnight? I am not depressed about it. I fell, picked myself back up and am back at doing good today. I would rather have lapses than a perfect diet for weeks. Imagine the pressure of breaking it the first time? If I know I am going to break it then I am more willing to keep on it. That makes sense to me. Hope it does to you, too. You are doing great. Stop beating yourself up!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Don't worry about it. It happens to us all I promise you! One bad day will not erase all your hard work and progress!

and don't worry about all the skinny people who were eating it too. Many slim people have as many body issues and insecurites as overweight people, sometimes more! I bet a few of those 'skinny' people went home feeling as guilty as you did!

You can totally do this, don't worry!

Denise Replied:

I really like Diane's question. What would be your answer?

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I pack my snack to go with my coffee, if I need it!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

You guys are awesome and these are the issues I am determined to deal with this time on this program. These are my thoughts I never had the nerve to mention in front of everyone in weight watcher group. I feel kinda hidden on the computer, like I can say things and no one can see me....and it makes me braver, to think the thoughts out loud.

My plan for next time it to continue to socialize, because as someone mentioned, I really do like it. One trip, small portions (only food I do like), if I dont like it, I think I will make my planned meal or snack, and eat that while everyone eats the other. Still eating with the group, just using my calories for things I like, feeling less pressured to please, and accomadate.....I also like to say, oh i am sorry, I am allergic to ......blank........I know I am weak sometimes, I hope to grow on my journey. Believe it or not, alot of people see me as a very strong person, and many people rely on me, its hard to put the heavy hat down sometimes and be the weak person. I see my giving in, my lapses as weakness, and I really hate being weak. I even hate being seen as weak, but I guess we are all weak sometime....maybe it has to be ok to be weak sometimes. Thanks for all the great feedback. I am going to stay blogging on this 100+ to lose side, because my issues are huge, I am going to learn and go.
Live strong.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Kim,
You really have given this some thought. The next time will be easier if you have a mental plan.

Sharon VA Replied:

Good for you for thinking it through and making a game plan for next time. I have the same trouble with "group" food. It is like there is some part of me that is trying to fit in with the tribe. I have found another person on my hallway at school that is also trying to improve her health through improved diet. We are eating together more often.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Oh, I think we've ALL been there at one time or another. Try not to dwell on the past, and instead focus on the future and road ahead. I had an weight loss mentor once tell me, that you can screw up and get right back on track at your next meal. Its important put the past behind you and move forward!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

drool brownies with frosting.....

Wait no!!!! We will just shake it off and do better tomorrow...

HUGS

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.