JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

'Phantom fat' can linger after weight loss

Ladybug

"Losing pounds doesn't automatically shed larger-than-life self-image"

Here is a link to a great article about how we sometimes view ourselves after weight loss.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Thanks for the interesting read ladybug

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Really good article, thanks for sharing. I have this same issue with my weight, I'm still stuck at my starting weight in my head when I think of the number but I'm really 24 pounds less than that.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Wow great article!! I saved it to remind myself to work on my body image as i lose weight. Weight in general is a very mental thing for me and sometimes my perceptions are way out there... Thanks for posting this

Sharon VA Replied:

Very good article. I am keenly aware that sagging skin will not disappear when I lose the weight, nor will my varicose veins. I ahve to keep a realistic image of what I will look like. I will not be a model, but I will feel better and have better health. And hey, I will be able to cover the veins and sags under smaller more stylish clothing.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

wow...that was a great read. These two really hit me:

"Body image is a lot harder to change than the actual physical body is," Daniels says.

People who've gained and lost and gained again may be less likely to embrace a new image that they worry won't last.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Very interesting! Thanks ladybug

Shari (CE) Replied:

I can relate to the article. I'm working on loving the new me =]

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.