JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

New Pedometer Steps Competition

StartYourDiet.com Development Team

We're launching our first competition today: "March to 1 million pedometer steps!" – To enter, access the page under the Competition menu and select "Add me to this competition." Then, simply track your pedometer steps on the diet calendar and they will be counted. All steps enter from December 1st will be counted.

This is sort of a trial run for new competitions on the site. If it goes well, there will probably be many ongoing competitions of various types. Some may have prizes, some will be members vs. each other and some, like this one, will be the community working together to reach a goal.

Let's have some fun with this, we hope that many will participate.

Kelly (aka Kelza) Replied:

Fun! I'm already signed up!

Karen Replied:

Thanks. This will make it easier for all concerned.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

yeah im all signed up....i need to def. get moving..supposed to have 10,000 a day.....

Mags Replied:

Thanks! It will be fun to watch the therometer rise!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

That sounds awesome!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I just noticed it says add all steps from 12/1. Sinced I restarted today, I'm going to begin steps today, too. Hope that's ok?!!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Wouldn't cha' know my pedometer breaks down on Black Friday!! I saw 17,700 steps on it, then when I looked again it didn't work. Darn it! I changed the battery and downloaded any input into it, and it is still on the blink! UUURRRRRR!!!

Karen Replied:

Kathy, If it's the Omron, did you hit the restart button on the back. It's recessed...be sure you did a restart.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Oh, my gosh. I went and bought a pedometer and was really excited. I got it home and in order to start it up you have to open the battery "door" and remove the tab. In order to remove the battery door you have to have a very tiny phillips screwdriver. I had to go and buy a tiny phillips screwdriver (went to three different places looking for somewhere that just sold the tiny screwdriver and not in a set) in order to open the door and start the thing up. I really like it, but WOW what a pain in the backside to get it started. I'm nothing if not persistent!

Jackie Replied:

Can you start a competition for miles rode on an exercise bike or regular bike. I have arthritis in my knees and cannot use walking to lose weight.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I haven't logging in much and when I notice this, I was surprise. I like this Thank You.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I Know I'm late but I want to play . Just got a new pedometer .

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.